Chapter Eight: Dizzy Krissy

My mind spins me around in circles, literally. It was like I was floating in my head, amongst my random thoughts. My eyes are closed, and so I reach out blindly and touch the walls, feeling the softest material brush my fingertips. It felt like a cloud, if clouds could be felt.

"Krissy!" Someone calls out. I want to move, but I can't, and anyway, I was getting used to the calm, quiet stillness of death.

Wait, was I dead? 

I try to open my eyes to see something, but when I do, I'm not on the ground, where I'm supposed to be, healthily standing. I'm floating in the air, outside my body. I shriek in alarm, going back to the safe chambers I had back in my head. I really was dead. But how?

I remember getting a call from Delphi, but then, before she asked me where we should meet, I blacked out. I could not remember a single thing after that. Only this. Only death.

Then I hear more familiar voices, distant, but still familiar.

"If we're some sort of superhero, then why the heck can't we save her?" I hear Delphi angrily whisper. She sounds pissed. And a little sad. I want to tell them that I'm right here, to make them all feel better, but they don't seem to notice me.

"I'm trying, Del." Brianna patiently says. Trying what?

Then I try to look at my dead self again, wanting to get a little glimpse at my body, but then I cringe. I look so messed up. My arm is bent at an unnatural angle, and there are a few bones sticking out of my stomach, as if my ribs were cracked in half. My leg is curled under me, and my friends surround me, trying to revive my broken body, and my even more broken spirit.

Brianna puts her hands on my hand, and her hands glow, sending a milky colored haze that surrounds me. I see Delphi and Alicia exchange worried looks. Emilie, Kellie, Alyssa, and Tyler, just stand there, silently. But I can see that they're in pain.

"Choose." I gasp and turn around, expecting to see some kind of angel. And in a way, I was right. In front of me, there stands a breathtaking lady in a silky, sleeveless white dress. Her skin looks pale, as if it hadn't seen the sun in weeks, and her eyes was the exact color of the ocean.

"Choose," She says again. I hadn't noticed the two glass balls in her hand before, one glowing white, and the other glowing black. The one that glowed white showed a scene where I'm alive, with my friends, in a battle against abnormal forces. We were happy together, and we would die together.

The other ball showed me as a dead being, wandering around up here, while my friends fought alone, and one at a time, they lost a comrade, until there was no one left. But I was safe. I was alive. 

I looked at her.

Even though being dead was like a blissful state of peace I knew I wouldn't have if I went back, I also knew I couldn't leave my friends alone. They meant too much to me.

I took the orb glowing white, and it started to glow brighter, and brighter, until I couldn't see. The orb exploded and I woke up.

-----

I opened my eyes, and sat up straight so fast, you wouldn't have known that I had died only a few seconds before. I realized that I hadn't even tried to test out my bones. Oops. At least I didn't break them again. Something had healed them at a much quicker pace than natural. All of my friends gasped.

They obviously didn't know I was going to wake up. Maybe they thought I was seriously going to die, or that I was already dead, when in truth, I was in an endless sort of limbo.

"You're alive!" Alyssa says. She gives me a hug, and my friends all trade relieved looks.

"So what happened?" Alicia asks, "Where did you go?"

"What do you mean?" Krissy says, "How long was I gone for?" My friends all look at each other like they can't believe I don't know.

"You were dead for about fifty minutes." Tyler answers, cutting to the chase. My jaw drops down.

"You're joking, right? It only felt like ten minutes." I exclaim, "And how did you guys get my bones fixed?" They all look at Brianna and she just shrugs.

"I'm some sort of healer." She says, "But you never told us what happened to you." Then I told them exactly what happened, from the beginning of my death, to the beginning of my second chance.

And I would be forever grateful. It would be a long time until I would see the woman in silk.

A/N:

Hi, thanks for reading this! I hope you like and comment on this book! I'm going to try editing it, to make it have a better plot, so please tell me the bad stuff about it! Thx!

-Starla