Chapter Fifteen: I Don't Beg

ALICIA'S P.O.V.

I started to run, my running shoes thudding on the sidewalk loudly. If I didn't run, I would be late to school. Not that I wasn't already.

If only I hadn't woken up late. But it was too late to think about what would've happened if my alarm clock had gone off. I just had to hope for the best.

As I get closer to the school, I see the doors are already closed. I slow down, trying to catch my breath, but I force myself to run to the school office.

I enter, pushing open the door as quietly as I can. The lady sitting at her desk has her back turned to me, looking at her computer screen intently. Maybe she won't notice me and I can sneak past or something.

I crouch and try to get by her desk. I almost get out the door and into the hallway, but a croaky voice stops me.

"Name?" She asks, without turning around. I mentally groan in my head. Caught red-handed.

"Alicia Valentine." I answer. 

I go and walk to her desk, reaching out to grab a slip. The lady turns around, and I stop breathing. She grabs my arm, not caring to be gentle, and smiles evilly. Her regular brown eyes turn red, and her features change into that of a boy. With brown hair.

I try to wrench myself away, but his grip is too strong. He squeezes my arm, and the pain is starting to get to my head, giving me a minor headache. He expects me to cry, or to beg him to stop, but I'm Alicia. And I don't beg. Ever.

He smirks and says, "Nice to finally meet you, Alicia. I've been waiting a long time. Too long."

Then he punches me in the face, and my head spins, throwing me into the endless darkness. 

This is it.