Chapter 12: Hospital

Chapter 12

Katniss P.O.V.

It doesn't take us at all long to get to the hospital.

In the car I called both Peeta's brothers and parents, I also called Prim to tell them everything that's going on. I told them that I'd call them to tell them more when we know what's actually happened to Riley. They all insisted on coming to the hospital.

That's why we meet them at the hospital right this second. We see them. Will and Felicia are standing with Rye and Daniel and their families. Twenty one year old Summer holding the hands of her two younger siblings, Troy fifteen and Emily ten. Gabriella is holding her husband Ryes hand. Julia is patting Daniel's back and seventeen year old Aston is talking to his grandmother while carrying his youngest sibling Cali four years in his arms. Daniela eleven years old is holding her mother's hand.

When we tell Summer that she used to forget that Peeta is her uncle she doesn't believe us and says that she would never do such a thing, never ever forget her amazing uncle Peeta. Rye begs to differ every time it comes up and says that she actually did and thought that Daniel was her only uncle. Aston always laughs at Summer about that and she always ends up apologizing. It's crazy how much they've all grown up. Aston was just a newborn baby when Peeta and I got married. Prim is talking to Rye, hand on her big belly and Rory is standing beside her, wiping her tears.

Prim turns her head and sees that we all have arrived. How did they even get her before us?

"Katniss!" She says and I drop Peeta's hand and run up to Prim.

I immediately wrap my arms around her and pulls her as close as her belly allows me to.

Anyone can tell how upset Prim is. She still lived with Peeta and I when the twins were born and a big part of their growing up. She moved in with Rory when the twins were about four. Of course she's upset right now. Everyone here are family, a big family, and so of course everyone are upset. It's not just Peeta and I.

When I let go of Peeta I hug Gabriella. It's only now I see that she's also crying. This is depressing. I feel a hand on my back and I know that it's Rye.

Peeta is beside us now, his eyes red and puffy after talking to his father.

"Aunt Katniss, Uncle Peeta it's going to be okay", Summer says.

Summer is so beautiful. She's really grown into her looks. Her golden locks are reaching her to her waist and her green eyes are so beautiful. She has her fathers features but is alike her mother. Although she has the Mellark hair, her hair is only a little bit more golden than the others.

"Mellark family", a man says.

It's the same police officer that were in our house.

"Yeah", half of us say, meaning Peeta and I, Rye, Daniel, Gabriella, Julia, their kids, Will and Felicia.

"Oh um the closest family", the police man says.

This time everyone says yes. He looks very confused.

"Okay parents", he says.

"Yeah", Peeta and I say. "But you can talk in front of these people we're all like a family".

"Oh yeah well okay", he says. "We found Riley in a gangster neighborhood, I don't know what she was doing there but she was lying in an ally, blood all around her, it looks like she was in a fight, fought for her life, her clothes torn, she's a fighter your daughter, she may survive because she fought back".

My baby girl.

A man in a white coat approaches us.

"Is this the family?" He asks.