Chapter 10: Riley

Chapter 10

Katniss P.O.V.

We haven't heard anything about Becca yet. It's soon been three days since she left and didn't come back. Everyone are worried sick, especially Riley. She can't really focus on anything at the moment.

"I'm gonna make us all something to eat", I say, standing up.

"Hey no wait Katniss", Finnick says. "You listen to me okay, and I'm not just saying this because I'm your friend, I'm saying it, 'cause it's the truth, your food is a bismol".

I narrow my eyes but burst out laughing. I don't know why. I've been so sad these past days and haven't been able to do anything. Then Finnick says the right thing and I lose my mind completely.

Leave it to Finnick to ease the tension. He should get a medal or something.

"No!" Someone suddenly screams and a crash then the sound of glass shattering.

Everyone looks to the doorway that leads to the kitchen.

Riley is leaning into the frame with both hands tightly gripping it, her legs shaking. Fisher is standing beside her, holding her arms in his hands, worried expression on his face. Beneath Riley there's a water glass broken when she dropped it.

"Baby what happened?" Peeta asks and rushes up to Riley.

"I... Becca", Riley says.

"What?" I ask.

"She's... I think she's in trouble", Riley says.

Damn. It's when she said that Peeta was hurt, when she was little. She came to me and told me that Peeta was hurt and in pain. Directly after she told me that I got a call from the hospital saying Peeta was home but seriously hurt.

I haven't talked to Peeta about it because it really freaked me out and because Riley hasn't said anything like that again... Well before now.

Peeta looks at me, and I try to look just as startled as him does. I don't know if I succeed or not but Peeta looks at Riley again.

There is something going on with Riley. I don't know what. I don't believe in ghost things or supernatural things or anything like that. But there is something with Riley... Something that can make her sense when people are hurt or in trouble or something. But... Is that even possible? I remember Riley when she told me about Peeta...

"Mommy?"

I turn around to see Riley walking slowly up to me. Her hands together.

Riley has been pretty down ever since Peeta left. Fisher and Becca are the only once who can get her to laugh at least a little. But I understand her, she misses her father. Becca misses Peeta so very much too, but Riley is taking it harder. Becca has always been a bit more independent than Riley, so maybe that's why.

"Yeah baby?" I ask.

"Nothing", she says sitting down in the couch.

I sit down beside her.

"Baby what's wrong?" I ask.

"I don't know", she says frowning with a worried voice.

Something is obviously bothering her. I can see it. Her big blue eyes is glistening with fear and worry. Her face is pale and she's shaking her legs nervously.