Chapter 3: At the Principal's office

Chapter 3

Katniss P.O.V.

I'm so nervous. Peeta and I are sitting in the waiting room to the principal's office.

I'm shaking my leg, holding Peeta's hand so tight it almost turns blue.

I don't know why I'm so nervous. It's like I'm expecting the principal to tell us that Becca has committed a crime or killed someone.

"Baby calm down", Peeta says. "I mean how bad can it be?"

"Oh pretty bad", a voice says.

I look up to see the principal stand there, looking at Peeta and I. He shows us into his office.

Peeta and I sit down in the two chairs that are placed in front of the principal's desk. He sits down in his chair and looks at us with a really serious face.

I get really nervous. I mean I know that Becca hasn't killed anyone, but the principal said that it was bad. I don't know what to expect.

"Okay so the reason I wanted to talk to you today is to inform you about the situation and the trouble this school has with Rebecca Mellark", he says. "First of all, she's skipping classes a lot, and if she does show up to class she's pretty good at giving herself detention".

Does Becca think this is funny somehow? I mean seriously does she? Because I sure don't think so.

"And the teachers has also informed me that her attitude has effected her sister Riley to feel very insecure in class and doesn't answer questions, she just sits quiet by herself, which is really sad considering that she's a very bright girl. And also Riley has some problems with bullying, we're trying to help but she's not telling us who's doing it and unless she does we can't do anything about it".

I close my eyes. Why haven't Riley told us? Oh my god.

Peeta squeezes my hand to calm me down. I guess I started to breath pretty loud, like I do when I feel stressed.

"If Rebecca doesn't stop skipping class I'm going to have to expel her, she's very close now to get expelled", the principal says.

Oh god. This isn't happening! This can't be happening! I don't even know when Becca went from this sweet caring girl who had the most fun with Riley. And call Peeta her prince. I don't.

"We understand, we're going to talk to her", Peeta says and stands up.

The principal stands up and shakes hand with Peeta while I remain in the chair, unable to stand up.

I don't understand what has happened. I don't understand why Becca has become like this. I want to understand. And I don't understand why Riley hasn't told us about being bullied. She knows she can talk to us about anything.

Peeta puts a hand on my shoulder and I jerk. I take a deep breath and stand up on unsteady legs.

I shake hands with the principal and Peeta leads me out.

When we're in the car Peeta drives us both to the bakery. Peeta can't leave Finnick alone in the bakery the whole day and I don't wanna go home and be alone. I just don't. So I told him I'll come with him.

During the day Peeta is in the kitchen, Finnick drives back and forth with deliveries and I'm standing behind the counter serving customers that comes and goes. This bakery gets a lot of customers. It's crazy.

But during the whole day I can't get my mind of what the principal told us. We really have to talk to both Becca and Riley.

I'm trying to figure out what to say to the both of them. I'm trying to figure out how to ask Riley why she's so insecure and why she hasn't told us about being bullied. And I'm trying to figure out what to say to Becca, ask how she uses the brain she has. I know she's smart. She's so smart and she's pretty and I know she has a warm heart. But right now she's not using either her warm heart or her smart brain. She actually manages to make Riley feel insecure. I don't know when that happened. I want my baby girls to be like they were when they were kids, sticking up for each other. I mean they do that now I guess, they laugh with each another, they have fun and they care about each other, but it's not like before. They're so much more different than before. And from time to time Becca can be mean to Riley.

"Katniss!"

I jump and turn around. Peeta stands there looking at me.

"Huh?"

"Finnick went home, and I've closed", he says and comes up to me. "You were standing there like a statue and I had to tackle Finnick to the floor so he wouldn't draw a mustache on your face".

I burst out laughing. I'm really about to lose it now. I have so much on my mind and I feel really stressed. I would never laugh at such a thing, but now tears are rolling down my cheeks because of all the laughing.

"Oh my god, I'm about to completely lose it", I giggle as I'm trying to contain my laughter.

Peeta smiles as he wraps his arms around me.

"No you're just a goofball", he says and kisses my cheek. "Maybe I should've let Finnick draw that mustache on you".

I hit him playfully on his arm and kisses his lips.

But than I start kissing him on his neck. I realize that we haven't had sex in the bakery yet. And I want to.

"You know..." I whisper as I kiss Peeta's neck. "We haven't had sex here yet".

"Oh darn! You're absolutely right!" Peeta says and pushes me up against the wall and starts kissing my neck. "We are gonna have to do something about that".

"I think you're right", I giggle but it changes into moans when Peeta starts sucking on my neck.

We're only thirty seven. I think we're still young. But even when we get old I'm not gonna stop having sex with Peeta I love it too much. And it's nothing wrong with adults having sex.

Peeta slips a hand under my pants, which he has undone. Wow when the hell did he do that? He's getting faster and faster at undressing me.

The rest of the afternoon feels like heaven.

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

✏️1074 words✏️

Hey guys I hope you liked the chapter.

So I have one question, in earlier chapters in my books I've seen comments like "Ewww they have sex?" When they're in their thirties and up, what the hell is the deal? Seriously how can that be disgusting? I don't get it. Adults doesn't want teenagers to have sex and teenagers apparently doesn't wants adults to have sex because they think that they're too old, when the hell are you suppose to have sex than? Sorry if I sound angry but it actually makes me irritated to read comments like that, adults have sex old people have sex, it doesn't stop with age.

Anyway please vote and comment to tell me what you thought about the chapter.

-Josephine xx