Epilogue

Epilogue

Dear diary,
I don't know why Becca is so different in school, why she's mean to me. She's not mean to me at home. At home she's the sister I remember.

No matter how mean she is to me in school, I still love her so much. We always used to have so much fun. We would always play, always laugh, always sneak around. We would always play with Fisher and Nathaniel.

Nathan and Becca are so weird nowadays. They only drink and smoke and hang with the 'cool people'. Nathan and Becca are the only once I have in school, because Fisher is two years older than us. Nathan isn't bullying me in school, he's kind, but he's still not sitting with me at lunch, he rarely says hi but at home he calls me his 'Riley boo', what's up with that? At home I'm his Riley boo but at school I'm no one? At least I know that we're still best friends, maybe he just hangs out with the wrong people in school, just like Becca, they're both trying to be so cool in school, but they have to realize that they're just as nerdy and lame as me, lol okay no I'm not really lame, but I am nerdy and I am not cool and I don't want to be, I want to just be me. I wish Becca and Nathan could try to be themselves too, because their own selves are so great. Both of them are so funny and smart, they're both so warmhearted and kind. And I love them both so much.

Fisher is like that too, but the difference is that he actually shows it, everyone knows his all of that and more. That's why every girl in town are after him, drooling after him, longing for him to look at them or to greet them. But he chose me. How crazy isn't that? I thought that he would always think of me as a best friend and nothing more; like he thinks of Becca, but he actually loves me the way I love him, not the way I love Nathan and Becca, as brother and sister, but he loves me as a girlfriend as I love him like a boyfriend... Wow I'm really confusing myself right now, lol Riley good job!

I wish I could tell mom and dad about school. But I can't. I would betray Becca, and I don't want to do that. I know that she doesn't mean to be harsh on me. She doesn't know what she's doing in school and I don't blame her. It's just a phase she's going through, she'll pass it sooner or later. I just hope it'll be sooner because I really want my funny and kind, smart and warmhearted sister back.

I love talking to her. She's the one who understands me the best. I know I can talk to her about anything. She may be mean to me in school but she's never revealed any of my secrets no matter what, that's how I know I can count on her even now in her confused-trying-to-be-cool phase. She's the first one I told about my feelings for Fisher about. And she's only ever encouraged me to tell Fisher but never told him.

She's so beautiful. I don't know if she realizes that she's so beautiful. Even though we're identical twins, I somehow don't think we look all that alike because I think she's beautiful and I don't think I am. She manages to look so beautiful by doing these small things with her hair or clothes or makeup around her eyes, that makes her look different from me.

God I'm rambling in my diary. But that's the thing isn't it? To ramble and let out thoughts and feelings... I love it. Love love love it like I love my family and friends. No one knows I'm writing though.

I may show this diary to my children sometime in the future. It would be pretty cool I think, to look back at the past, remember and talk about it with my children... I want four children. And I want them with Fisher. I don't dare to talk about these things in front of him though because it might scare him off, he's an eighteen year old boy after all, and don't want to think about those stuff right now.

Girls thinks about it, but I think it's always in our minds, maybe not the first thing we think about but we do think of the future deeper than boys does.

Hmm... Well I think I'm going to bed now though, it's really late, and I think that mom and dad are about to do something I don't want to hear. So yah sleep sounds good.

Bye
Riley xxx

🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀🎀

✏️810 words✏️

The book is now finished. What did you think of the epilogue?

The epilogue is referred to the last chapter where Katniss talks about Riley's diary and that Nathan is going to read the pages to Becca, these are the pages and I hope you enjoyed reading it.

This is it, the final part in this series and I love you all for sticking with the trilogy from start to finish. You guys mean the world to me, you're all making me so happy to write to you because you all give me so positive thoughts about my writing.

Btw the song is from Becca to Riley...

Please vote and comment for the last time in this trilogy.

-Josephine xx