Mrs. Frost is at the porch looking down on us, "Welcome." She beams at us.

"Hey mom," Oliver gestures for us to walk ahead of him and the girls do not hesitate to walk up the steps. I try taking a step but Oliver snatches up my hand and gives it a gentle squeeze, "You're okay, right?" I give him a nod and he sighs, "Just tell me if this becomes too much and I'll take you home."

"Thank you," I whisper and we walk up the steps hand in hand.

Alyson and Luxor are making small talk with Oliver's father as they fill their plates with his mother's food.

"Mrs. Frost this smells like heaven," Alyson states.

"Why thank you!" Mrs. Frost smiles over at her and then looks over at Oliver. We are standing at the entrance to the dining area.

"Sweetie," Mrs. Frost looks at our hands and there is a hint of sadness in her eyes, "you look awful. How about you take a shower and then join us for breakfast?"

He is going to leave me. I am going to be stuck here without Oliver. This overwhelming feeling of abandonment fills me and it paralyzing. My fingers tighten around Oliver's hand.

"Sure thing mom," Oliver says, "come on Cassie," his mother opens her mouth to protest.

"Hey," Mr. Frost stops her, "they'll only be a few minutes."

With that Oliver pulls me towards the stairs and I follow close behind. Walking into his room Oliver closes the door and then turns to look at me.

"Are you okay," he examines my eyes.

"Yes," I lie. I do not know what was that all about. I am used to being alone but here it is different I have two other people that seem to want to be my friend. But with Oliver it is different we were friends before all this. Now that he came back he did something that no one else did - befriended the strange kid and never left. He has been the only thing constant in my life these last few days.

"I'm going to jump into the shower," he looks at me as if waiting for me to protest.

"Go ahead I'll be here," I give him a weary smile.

Oliver takes off his shirt in front of me as if to lessen the time that he is in the bathroom, "five minutes, promise." He rushes into the bathroom. The only normal action is to take a seat at the edge of his bed - I do that. His room is remarkably clean for it being a boy's room.

His walls are bare, there is a desk with a computer, a poster of Megan Fox on his door, and there is a plasma television. My eyes scan his room but I soon grow bored of it that is until his computer lights up with a beep.

The bright light drags my attention to the screen, The Yellow Pages. My eyes skim over the text when I see Beth Fierce 5181 Haven Dr.

What is this? There is a red dot where my house is. The water shutting down echoes in my ears but I ignore it. The map shows the surroundings of my home. Without trouble my eyes follow the path that I would take every night when I had an episode, running away so that I do not hurt my mother.

The last time I ran down that path was when I came face to face with Oliver. Sycamore Park is a green square on the map. That is where we faced those demons. Where he stood with me and saw what I was capable of.

"Cassie," his voice is soft.

My throat tightens, was he looking into before we even met?

"Oliver," I cannot help but let the anger fill my voice.

"What's the matter?"

"Were you looking into me before we met?" I hiss as I straighten up and turn to look at him. His dark hair is dripping since he did not waste any time drying it. His bare chest is sparkling with the droplets that cling to his skin since he left the buttons of his henley unbuttoned. He is also wearing a pair of dark jeans. My shaky finger points at the computer.

"No," he sighs.

"Stop lying to me," I yell at him. "Why is this on your computer?"

"I was looking for you Cas." His eyes narrow, "I was looking for you after you ran away from me and after I went to your house and your father told me that you weren't living there anymore."

"You spoke to my father?" He told him I wasn't living there anymore.

"Yes, he slammed the door in my face," Oliver walks up to me, "I wanted you to know that I would still be there for you but people kept getting into my head."

"I'm sorry Ollie," I whisper. I am always quick to assume that people want to hurt me, can you really blame me?

"Its okay," he sighs, "I haven't really been home since you know the park," I nod. Oliver puts on his shoes and we head downstairs.

Oliver's parents are drinking coffee as Alyson and Luxor eat their breakfast. Their silence is eerie.

Alyson breaks the silence, "What was that all about?" Her eyes meet mine and I shake my head.

"Nothing just a misunderstand," Oliver pulls out a chair for me and I take a seat next to Alyson and across Mrs. Frost.

Oliver serves both of us and I do not have the heart to tell him that my stomach feels uneasy. We eat as the girls talk about the meeting and Oliver's parents say what they heard the other parents say.

Word is that the school council would rather have Oliver at school than me. His powers are dangerous but mine are much more unstable than his.

Oliver is thought to be able to control his powers. He barely got them how would they know that?

Stabbing the last of my waffle Oliver's mother's voice chimes in, "What's wrong with your arms?" Looking up at her I see her eyes widen and my gaze follows hers.

I do not know how I did not see it before. He pushed up the sleeves and the deep, red, and raw scratches peek under the fabric.

"Nothing," Oliver pushes them down quickly.

"That is most definitely nothing," I blurt out and reach for his arms.

"Stop it Cas," Oliver hisses but I am quicker than him and push his sleeve up.

The cuts look sore and ragged.

"Those look like they were made by claws," Luxor looks over at him, "is there something you want to tells?"

Oliver looks at his parents and then at me, "They came back last night."

"Who did?" His mother asks as his father wraps his arms around her.

"The shadows," I whisper when Oliver does not answer.

***

Comment, Vote, and Follow

Follow me on my Social Medias for new covers, music, and ideas or just to chat with yours truly:

Snapchat: judyquinonez

Instagram: j_quinonez91

Tumblr: mywattpadblog91

Twitter: judyquinonez91

Happy Reading my MoonGazers

Much Love,

J_Quinonez91