Kiss and Tell.

Rose yawned next to me, covering her mouth with one hand. I looked down at her with a small smile.

                “Tired?” I asked, nudging her with my leg.

                She shrugged, “Just a little.”

                “We’ll leave soon.” I promised.

                She nodded, leaning into me slightly. I moved my arm around her shoulders, pulling her body against mine.

                Surprise flooded me as she didn’t fight back, adjusting herself closer.

                My eyes flickered over to Rodger’s a grin clear on my face.

                “So, Rose.” Rodger said, leaning forward on the tap to get a better look at her.

                “Yeah?”

                “Got any lady friends that are interested in some company?” He grinned his infamous grin innocently.

                Rose pretended to think for a moment, “Nope.”

                I snickered.

                Glancing at the clock on my phone, I did a double take at the time. Nearly eleven. While I knew Joey wouldn’t care what time I got back, I was sure Rose’s parents might have an issue with her being out this late.

                I lifted my hips slightly, reaching into my back pocket to grab my wallet. I pulled out a twenty and a ten dollar bill, setting it on the table.

                “I’m going to take Rose back. Use this for our food.” I told Rodger, moving out of the seat.

                “What are you doing?” Rose asked, frowning slightly.

                “Leaving…?” I smirked, “Sweetie, I don’t know if you’ve realized, but it’s eleven. I highly doubt you’re parents are going to be glad about you coming home at some crazy hour at night with a boy.”

                She rolled her eyes, “It’s not like we’re doing it—”

                “Yet.” Levi said, grinning like an idiot.

                She shot him a look before continuing, “And anyways, I can pay for myself.”

                “Relax. I’ve got you covered.”

                “No, really…”

                I moved out of the way for her to stand up, “Rose. I’m paying. That’s final. Now let’s go before I carry you out of here.”

                She hesitated for a moment before standing up, “Are you sure?”

                “Yes.”

                “Thank you.” She mumbled. I wrapped my arm around her shoulders, pulling her into my side. Once again, surprise flooded through me at the fact that she let me do this.

                Either she was really tired, or I was finally getting through to her.

                I really hoped it was the latter.