Chapter 12

Will

My little Nico had really shocked the shit out of over the past day. First, he proposed to me in front of all of our friends. Then he got in the shower with me, completely naked. After that, he got me off on our bed. I don't know where he found the courage to do all of this. Maybe it had just been building up over time. Either way I wasn't complaining, the past day had brought me even closer to my fiancé. Now we were about to embark on my first quest and I was happy to be going with my lover beside me.

It was getting close to the time to leave. While I was rinsing off again and starting to get dressed, Nico was packing our bags for the journey. He had his Stygian Iron sword laying on the bed beside my bow and quiver. I hadn't really thought about where we would going. Seeing the weapons out reminded me that there was going to be some danger ahead. Granted, I was pretty good with a bow and Nico was great with his sword. Still, the thought of my Nico having to fight for his life again was scaring me. I told him that I would protect him, but this time he might end up protecting me.

We stopped at the dining pavilion and got some quick breakfast on our way to the pegasi stables. Nico walked beside me hand in hand. The engagement ring he had given me the night before glistened in the morning sun. Nico leaned into me and put his arm around me. I returned the gesture putting my arm around him giving him a light squeeze.

"Nico, I'm so proud of how far you've come. The past 24 hours have been the best of my life. Even with our dads making an unexpected appearance. I just wanted to tell you that regardless of what happens on this quest, I will always love you. By the way, what you did for me earlier was amazing. I didn't think you had that in you."

Nico started to blush with that last part. "Well if I'm going to be spending the rest with you, I figured I might as well finally see the whole package. Besides, I wanted to take care of my baby's needs. You have been taking care of me for a while, I just thought it was time to return the favor."

I squeezed my lover again and bent down, giving him a kiss on the forehead. We kept walking towards the stables with our arms wrapped around each other. Finally, I saw the stables through the trees. Percy was standing by the fence looking at Blackjack, his favorite pegasi, apparently having some conversation in horse talk. Percy, being a Son of Poseidon, spoke horse fluently.

"Sorry we were running a little late."

"It's alright," Percy nodded, "we just got here a few minutes ago ourselves. I was just filling Blackjack in on our trip."

"That's cool, thanks for letting us tag along with you guys. I'll be honest, neither of us is really looking forward to flying across the country."

"Well, luckily you guys are going to be riding the best pegasi here. Blackjack was just telling me that he told the others they better take good care of us. Plus, I made a special sacrifice to Lord Zeus so he won't blast us out of the sky."

I gave Percy a hug and thanked him. Of course, Annabeth picked that moment to walk around the corner.

"Will, get off my man. You have one of your own."

Annabeth started to laugh and walked over to us. "Are you guys ready to go? I want to get this flight over with."

Nico came over and grabbed my hand. "For once, I completely agree with Annabeth."

We each mounted our pegasi and took off on our adventure.