"Oh, trust me, Jacob, there's no words in my mouth you wanted to hear from me." Elaine rolled her eyes heavenwards, and hissed. "And could you please get your hands off me? Ayaw mong makasama ako, 'di ba?"

She breathed hard when Jacob set her free. She wanted those arms around her. She wanted his palms against her hips. She wanted him pressed against her back. She even want him to neck her.

"That's the reason right? Lalayuan mo ako kasi ayaw kong pumayag sa gusto mong mangyari. I want you, Elaine, but that doesn't mean I will do everything for you. I have my limitations. I am aware of where I stand. I know what I should and should not do." Jacob sighed. "I'm sorry for walking out. I shouldn't have done that. Nagulat lang kasi ako na 'yon pala ang sasabihin mo."

"Bakit ka pa nagpapaliwanag? I don't need your explanations. Alam mo kung ano ang kailangan ko? I need to get the fuck away from here in order to get away from a fucker like you."

She watched Jacob as he clenched his jaw. Why are you mad, Jacob? Tell me why. Are you affected? Did I push your button?

"Why can't we just kiss now?"

Elaine snorted. "I don't want to kiss that sinful mouth of yours. I know I'm not the only one you flirt with. Go home! May naghihintay pa sa 'yo. I wouldn't waste my time with someone who's another woman. If I could get to fuck you, I want you fucking me, only me. You'll not be allowed to fuck anyone else."

"You still consider to have sex with me."

Elaine's eyes widened in shock, "No! What the hell? I will never consider to have sex with you." Hell yes, she will! But she's not going to admit it no matter what.

Jacob just showed her a smirk that made her feel irritated. What the hell does he want? Isn't it enough he made her feel so ashamed? Jacob, again, pulled her close, "I know you will submit... to me. You want me, Elaine. You still do."

He let her go. He left her breathless. She is so susceptible to his words. He made her feel weak, so submissive to what he wanted to happen. Her mouth was slightly open, continuously gasping for air that Jacob seemed to take all away from her. Elaine watched him walk away, his hands inside his pockets. His mere presence screamed dominance and she couldn't take it.

Jacob... has a girlfriend. Her heart hammered fast and loud against her chest. Her mind went blank, and she felt numbness all over her body. What are they? Ex with benefits? Fuck buddies? FWBs? No! She won't let Jacob have her without assurance, without any relationship with him. As long as he won't accept her proposal, she won't let him take her.

KAEL had his hand on Elaine's elbow as they walk together in an open park. She didn't know why Kael went into this place with her, all she knew is it was the same park where they - Camille, Kael, and her - used to go when they were in high school. The same place where they used to laugh their asses off when skateboarders fall from their skateboards when they fail their stunts; where they used to eat their lunch because it was so near their school. It also used to have children's playground but as time goes by, the slides, monkey bars, carousels, all were gone, all broken. It's not as beautiful as before. There weren't so many trees as before, maybe the effect of previous typhoons that struck the country. The grass was obviously not groomed well nowadays.

"I missed this place." Kael took a deep intake of breath. She laughed at his stupidity which she received a glare. She felt so free when a wind passed them sending her hair flying. She missed being wild, so carefree, not stressing herself on her mother. And then she'd realized, she missed being with Kael she knew. The one who was with her through ups and downs in her teenage years, the one who used to hug her so tight when she had a problems, the one who would go crazy with her. The Kael before she met Jacob. The Kael before everything went wrong. The Kael she used to love.

Elaine watched Kael as he slid his hands in his pocket of his slim fit jeans. He was looking up, the sun light kissing his face, his skin glowing from illumination by the sun. Why not consider marrying him? What if he'll not be the one she used to think he will be? What if their marriage work? Then she'd remember Jacob. His stare, his glare at her. The way he captivate her by simple smile. She swallowed the lump in her throat as she avert her gaze elsewhere. And as she look around, she saw a familiar man sitting cross-legged with a foot on a chair. She murmured his name. She was surprised Kael heard her because he asked her what she just said and she said, "Maximus. Nandito si Maximus," at tsaka niya itinuro kung nasaan si Maximus. Napansin niyang bahagyang napanganga si Kael nang mamataan nito si Maximus na nakatingin na rin sa direksyon nila. He jumped off the table then jogged toward them. Maximus' eyes lit up when she smiled at him, waving her hand. Napansin naman niyang tinanguan lang ni Kael si Maximus at nag-iwas na ito ng tingin.

"Bakit ka nandito? Wala kayong practice?"

Maximus put an arm around her shoulders, tugging her to him. There's no doubt she's also close to Maximus just as Camille was to him. Elaine met Maximus in his 18th birthday party, gatecrashing because Camille told her to come and meet her other friends.

"Kayayari lang. Malapit lang naman kasi dito ang bahay nila Vraelle kaya dito muna ako, at mahangin dito kaya masarap tumambay." Tumingin muli si Maximus kay Kael, "Kayo? Bakit kayo nandito? Naglilibot? Nag-d-date?" Bumaling muli ito ng tingin sa kanya at ngumiti na kita ang ngipin.

"Inaya ako ni Kael lumabas."

"Parehas."

Elaine and Kael answered at the same time making Maximus' eyebrows raised up while looking at them with meaningful stare. Elaine didn't want to say that her mother forced her to go with Kael - she's forced at start but after the little talk with Jacob, she just wanted someone to be with her, to talk about anything else. Elaine nudged Kael for lying - half truth, hindi naman niya kasi kinokonsiderang date iyon. For her, it's just a hangout. She received a nudge from Kael too that made her roll her eyes.

Crossing her arms on her chest, Maximus pinched her shoulder lightly, teasing her. She shot Maximus a glance. His dishevelled hair made him look badass but gorgeous, his eyes slit in amusement and his mouth that curved upwards, smiling at them, giving meaning she already comprehended. Maximus has an cross dangling earring on his left ear, which is his only piercing, that gave him more vibes that he is in a band. Elaine pushed him away.

Maximus laughed. "Chill, baby doll. Just messing with you."

"Hindi nakakatawa, Max."

Mas natawa pa ito, "Sorry na, Elaine." Tumikhim ito at tsaka ito tumingin kay Kael. "Kael," sambit nito sa pangalan ng kasama niya. Ngumisi si Maximus ngunit isinawalang-bahala lamang niya iyon. Maximus bid his goodbye then he walked away.

"Problema ni Maximus sa akin?"

"Baka may utang ka?"

Maybe she's just so mad at the fact that their parents engaged them discreetly she fumed it on Kael. She never got the chance to know him more 7 years ago. He still hasn't changed, that what she knows right now. The fact that he still has his carefree smile, the way he treat her like a princess, it was all nostalgic. How come the past made her so blind? She smiled at him that made him freeze.

"Kanina pa ako nakakahalata, Elaine, ah? Why aren't you mad at me? You should be walking out. You should be-"

"You want to know why I'm like this? I'm thinking of marrying you."

Kael's mouth dropped, "Kaya mo ba ako inaya rito ay para sabihin 'yan?" His triumphant smile curved his lips and his eyes. "You will never regret this, Elaine. I swear.