The Unexpected Truth

Lucy's POV

Argggggghhhhhhh!

I hated school. Especially when your best friend has just disappeared off the face of the earth.

Mixed emotions crossed my mind as I walked down the mysteriously empty corridor, looking for my Science class. Thunder echoed somewhere around the mountains, interrupting my thoughts and suspicions on where Ella had gone.

Normally, I would have just thought she was away sick and texted her asking her if she was alright, but I was suspicious that today that wasn't the case.

My vans squeaked on the Lino floor as I turned into the doorway of Mr Garland's class and crashed into someone's grasp. I looked up and let out a soft squeal as I realized that I had just landed in my classmate, Todd's, arms.

"Sorry...." I mumbled as I got up and bent down to grab my text book and its pages that were now strewn across the ground.

I expected him to let out a stream of swear words and just carry on his way, but he slowly bent down beside me helping me pick up my mess. I looked up at his face and was suddenly lost in the plunging light of his sapphire eyes.

The soft monotonous chime of the bell brought me out of my trance, signaling me to step into the class room.

I gathered up my stuff and scrambled in side taking my prime seat in the third row. Away from the spit central in front, but close enough to focus on what's going on. The blackboard at the front was covered in symbols and formulas, obviously for us to copy, so I set out to scribble notes while listening to Ed Sheeran blasting through my head phones.

A loud bang echoed through the room while the principle, Mr Green, with his stupid moustache, waltzed in the room slamming the door behind him.

"Good morning students," he started "I have very sad news to say that last night, our very own Ella" I let out a gasp weary of what he was going to say "never returned home."

My breath got caught in my lungs as i tried to process the information.

I looked across the empty desk at Todd, who was letting out a long stream of colourful words under his breath, and obviously cared about Ella as much as i did.

'Now as you may know," Mr Green continued "We don't know much, but if you see anything suspicious or out of the ordinary, we expect you to report it to us immediately."

I nearly fainted. The tension was just too much for me.My Ella. My precious best friend/daughter was missing.Nothing in the world could describe how much dread weighed down my heart.

Mr Green slowly backed out of the room and sauntered out, his double chin wobbling, to probably tell the next class the news.

The only thing the caught my attention in the room was the look on Todd's face.

I could tell he was losing it. Just like me. I look at my hands they were shaking violenty.

I stand up slaming my hands on the desk hard. I kick my desk making it fall over. "This is stupid!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I run out of the class as fast as I can.

The sounds of my feet pounding on the floor interrupting a whole bunch of classes but, I don't care.

I speed into the first stall of the bathrom. Slaming the door behind me. Leaning against the door I fall to my knees. My head falls onto my lap.

I scream and flick my head back hitting the stall door hard. I burst into tears.

This can't be true. She can't be gone. I scream again. She was reading and walking again. What if she fell down a ditch and died? What if she was a hit and run victim? Or what if she's been kidnapped?

God I know it. She's lying dead somewhere. No just calm down. I slow my breathing I was starting to hyperventilate.

I stand up brush off my uniform and walk to the mirror. I wipe my face. It was red and puffy.

Maybe I should jut go home and get some sleep. I walk out the door and stroll to the office. "Can I go home?". 

I ask the lady behind the desk, who's name I can never remember.

"Why honey?" She asks adjusting her glasses. "Is It because of Ella's disappearance?" I nod with a sniff.

She looks around "go ahead" she nods. "I'll sort everything out."

I smile and nod. I walk out my pink bag slung over one shoulder. Then I notice Todd crouched by the bushes watching the guard at the front gate.

"What are you doing?" I ask putting my hand on his shoulder and crouching by him. He jumps putting a hand over his heart.

"God Lucy, give me a heart attack". He pants.

"You're pretty obvious there". He looks around then shifts his feet slightly. "Are you trying to sneak out?" He nods.

"Well" I say standing up "I have permission wanna cone with?".

He looks at me not sure if he can trust me. "Where are you going?" I ask him. He looked so suspicious I could'nt help asking.

"To find her". He mutters. My eyes go wide to save Ella? Did he like her?

I snap myself out of it "I'm coming with you." He looks at me like I'm crazy. "Lets go". I say walking towards the gate. I flash the guard my pass. He nods and I walk out with Todd.

"Lets call her first". I say ignoring Todd's rejections. I pull out my phone and dial her number. It rings a couple times. A tear full voice says "hello?" My heart stops. She answered.

She's alive.

______________________________________________________________________________

Authors note:

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyy

This was lots of fun to write (even if Kierrin kept on having spazes at me)

Anways thanks for reading hope you liked

-Helena xx