Chapter 38

Katy's POV✨
It's been four days since Stefan and Elena have been kidnapped. Question is....why wasn't I taken with them....Im a doppelganger too. But according to Damon who heard from the traveler inside Tyler, I'm not a real doppelganger. I am a loop hole so they can't use my blood. It's been four days of them being missing, four days of both Luke and Liv dodging our calls. We have no idea who to trust anymore. Travelers have taken residence inside the bodies of the people of Mystic Falls. Meaning I've been in our doorm for four days. Since i am human and pregnat. Cant risked myself to be in danger so Caroline has been keeping me updated to everything that's been going on. Bonnie came back from a couple hours ago and we are now packing our stuff.
"Sooo, I was thinking. Since Julian is trapped inside Tyler forever, or until he dies... what if he does die? You, know, maybe that's how we do it! That's how we get him out!"
"You want to kill Tyler?" she asked.
" He'll go to the other side and then, when Liv does the spell to help you and Enzo, Tyler can come back. And speaking of, shouldn't you be, like, preparing, or talking to Liv? Or doing anything other than packing up our dorm room?"
"We have to be out of here right after finals, which I might skip, due to the potential extinction of magic in the place where I was spending my summer break."
"Right, but I think the other side falling apart is slightly more pressing than late housing fees. Also I was wondering if maybe you could look for Nadia on the other side and you know...add her to that list of returnee's. "
"There is no spell Katy!" she yelled tossing one of the boxes she was packing with stuff. "I made it up. The other side is collapsing and everyone in it, including me, is going away for good." she said leaving me speechless.
"So no. I don't think you should kill Tyler." Bonnie said storming out of the room.
After a couple hours Bonnie and I continued on packing that is until we got a text from Matt saying the travelers spell has started. I started to panic. "What are we even suppose to take? Photos, clothes, hair products? No that any of that matters when we're all dead." i said while Bonnie just stayed sitting on her bed in silence. "Why are you just sitting there?"
"I'm thinking"
"Well, think while you pack. Death is literally on its way. You said a vampire appeared to you, who died on old Miller road, which means the spell is moving past Mystic Falls. Good thing Caroline is almost here. So finish packing. Whatever will fit. The rest, we'll never see again." again she stays quiet.
"Hello! Bonnie! Which part of "we're about to die" isn't registering?"
"I think I know how to get us all back from the other side. I need to find Enzo." she said leaving the room.
I guess its time for goodbyes.
(Liam bold..katy italics.)
"Hey love, what's up? Luckily you called now i just got off stage."
"I call to say goodbye."
"What?"
"The spell's started. This might be the last time we speak and I-"
"Kate, no! There has to be a way around it."
"Let me finish. I just wanted you to know that I love you. It was always you. All this time it was always you that my heart truly belonged to. Goodbye Li, I love you."
"Wait Kate, please don't hang up I lov-"
I didnt let him finished his sentence because if I did i knew dying will hurt more.
Time later
Stefan and I were waiting fo Caroline and Bonnie to come out from the doorm. They were getting the last boxes. Damon and Elena had taken off already trying to out run the spell just like we were about to.
"Where are they? They were right behind me Stefan!"
"I'm going to find out what's taking so long." He said when all of the sudden Julian i.e Tyler approaches us.
"I'm looking for Maria. I heard she brought you back to Mystic Falls." He said eyes directed to Stefan.
"Uh, yeah, she did." Stefan said.
"Did she tell you where she was headed? Cause she can't stay there. The town's completely overrun."
Stefan looked down at his feet something he always does when he's not sure of himself.
"What's the problem? Did she tell you where she was headed, or not?"
"Listen, uh, you're not going to see Maria again."
"What are you talking about?" Julian growled.
"She's dead.. I'm sorry." Stefan said trying to comfort him.
"Don't touch me."
"It wasn't Stefan's fault." I told him.
"She saved his punk ass." he yelled at me.
"I wasn't the one that killed her. The witches did." Stefan informed him trying to get Julian's attention away from me. "Well, someone's going to pay for it." Juliam said pushing Stefan allowing me sneakily grab a wooden stake that was resting on the car's hood.
"Hey, hey, hey, hey. Whoa. I'm in no mood to fight tonight, all right?" Stefan said raising his hands up in defeat.
"Look at me.. my wife's dead. I'm in somebody else's body. I've got nowhere to go because my own people are trying to kill me!"
"Listen, we're going to find a way to stop this spell and even if Mystic Falls is gone, we're going to find a way to save ourselves, all right?" Stefan told him distracting him as I sneaked behind him attempting to stake him from behind, but he catches me in the act. Stefan lunges toward him and tries to pin him to the car, before he could hurt me but Julian has the upper hand. He reaches into Stefan's chest cavity and pulls out his heart. Causing me to gasp as Stefan's skin starts to desiccate, before he falls to the pavement; dead.
"There! Dead doppelgänger. Stopped the spell."Julian said before taking off.
"Oh my god! Oh my god." I rushed over to Stefan and hold his body in my arms. It was hard to breathe. I felt like it was my heart that was laying on the pavement as I started to cry my eyes out. Stefan can't be dead. He's the hereo. "No! No! No!Help me Please! Oh my god! Oh my god! Somebody help! Caroline help!Bonnie!"