Chapter 32

Katy's POV✨
Katherine and I are holed up in some abandoned building in Mystic Falls with Nadia, who is hallucinating due to the werewolf venom.
"...... I'm lookng for someone. Her name is Katerina Petrova. She was last seen outside of London in 1492. She's on the run. I need to find her.....I need to ask her why she abandoned me..."
" Nadia.. I'm right here. I'm right here." Katherine tried to assure her. The bite on Nadia's arm looks terrible, with the surrounding skin festering and turning black.
"I was dreaming...of how I searched for you from village to village."
"I know. I heard you. You said that I abandoned you... You were ripped from my arms as a baby. It's completely different!"
"Not for a child without a mother.Katy had it easier. Growing up believing her mother was dead."
"You know.. All this guilt is really taking all the fun out of this mother and daughters outing. I'm sorry Tyler bit you, but you're not going to die.
"Did you ask Klaus for his blood?"
"Oh.. my. You really are delirious! Nadia." I said.
"Besides he would love nothing more than to watch my daughter die." Katherine said.
"And she doesn't want to risk being outed..."I said.
"No, I don't. So, that's why I called him." Katherine said. A few hours ago when Nadia was passed out. Katherine and I came to the conclusion that calling Wes was our best option at the moment.
"And luckily for us, he would love nothing more than studying your blood." i said.
"Werewolf venom isn't easy to come by!" He exclaimed. Wes bends down and holds up a needle causing Nadia to freak.
"Get away from me!" she growled.
"It's okay, Nadia, it's okay." Katherine...mum. Tried to calm her down.
"Listen to your mother. The venom in your blood is a toxin with basic chemical properties. Once I study its makeup, I can create the antidote."
"It's okay. Come on, Come on. Hey. Hey." Katherine sooth her.
Allowing Nadia to finally let Dr. Maxfield to draw some blood from her arm.
"If I'd known I just had to die to drag your attention from Stefan, I would've tried it a long time ago." Nadia told Katherine.
Wes finished drawing her blood and goes off to analyze the sample.
"If you're trying to make me feel guilty, it's almost working." Mum said.
"I'm just glad both of you are here now." She told us.
"Me too. I'm going to be a better mother starting right now for both of you. I promise you Nadia, I'm going to save your life."
Few hours later✨
Caroline called Katherine telling her to come over to the Salvatore's to set up a surprise birthday party for Bonnie.
"Yeah, I don't think Bonnie would want a big party for her birthday." Katherine told her.
"Of course she does! So when can you get over to Stefan's to help us set up?" I heard Caroline tell her.
"I can't."
"You can't?"
I would love to, but I just... I can't?.....Um...I'm making arrangements for Aaron Whitmore's funeral. The only reason Damon killed him was because we broke up, so I kinda feel like I owe it to Aaron. You understand right?"
"Of course! No, that's really nice of you!" Caroline said hanging up. A few minutes later,Katherine's phone rings again.
"Elena", you are so popular today. More than usual." I say.
"Hey Bonnie!" Katherine answers.
"Hey, how's it going?"
"You sound tired."
"Yeah, I had to pull an all-nighter for my sociology exam, and then I woke up to a coven of dead Russian witches passsing through me on the way to the Other Side.....Sorry, self-pity. So not cute."
"No, I-- I totally get it. It's--you're the anchor now. That must be...exhausting."
"Do you want to maybe meet up for coffee or something? It's just one of those days, you know?"
"Yeah. Well...This is gonna sound crazy but I'm actually at the day spa right now, buying you a gift certificate for your birthday. It was supposed to be a surprise, but, well, surprise!"
"You read my mind. It's so...you."
"Hey look, I'll check in with you later." Katherine hangs up.
"Why are they being so clingy today?" She complained.
"I think they know. We need to test them.....Call Damon. Ask him if you guys can meet up." I tell her. Katherine calls Damon.
"Hey, um, how are you?"
"Oh you know, strung up, hungry, same old same old."
"Now that the dust has settled, I was hoping that, I don't know, maybe... we can talk about what happened at the farm house. Can I see you?"
"Okay. Sure. Why don't you just come to the house and we'll just talk about it here?."
"Perfect. I'll see you soon."
"Okay, bye."
They hang up the phone, Katherine turns to Nadia and I.
"Damon knows that he tried to kill me less than 24 hours ago. There isn't a single vampire-craving bone in his body that would risk putting his precious "Elena" back in that kind of danger again." She says.
"And yet, he is desperate to see her. Just like her other friends." Nadia tell her.
"Katy was right. They know." Mum said.
Time later✨
Mum decided it was best to move Nadia somewhere else. She wanted to go check on Wes to see what was taking him so long. So now we are hiding at church. With Nadia still hallucinating.
"She's been on the run for 228 years."
Katherine walks up to a lying down Nadia. She was on a bench.
"You passed out in the car. I didn't want to wake you." She told her.
"Perfect. I can make my peace with the universe." Nadia said when she noticed we were at church.
"Don't talk like that. We brought you here so that we can hide you until Wes finds a way to heal you." I said.
"You should leave now, while you can. There is no point in trying to save me." Nadia said looking at our mother.
"I didn't raise you to be a quitter! And I promise as soon as you get better, we're leaving. Together." Katherine said.
"You leaving?"
"I'm going to check on Wes, he's taking too long." Katherine told her.
"Be careful, they're all looking for you." I warned.
"That's never stopped me before." she smirked.
After a while Nadia started hallucinating again. This time about the time she met Matt in Europe. How she planned to steal Rebekah's earings and the Gilbert ring just so she had an excuse to meet up with him again. How she asked him if he's heard of Kath- and that's when everything went black..... I don't know for how long i was out but my neck was sore. Meaning someone snapped it.
"......They're not at the church anymore. They're with me, at home." Stefan?
When i opened my eyes i found myself laying on the floor at the Salvatore's living room. It hurt to move.
"........I know that it's you, and I know that you care about Nadia. That's why I brought them here."
I was able to sit up just in time to see Stefan giving Nadia a phone.
"Katherine. Run." She yelled making Stefan take the phone away from her.
"You can always run, Katherine. That's what you do best. Or, you can come home and see your daughter one last time before she dies. It's your choice." He said right before hanging up. He gave me a look before going up the stairs and Matt sitting on the couch next to my dying sister. I got up from my spot on the floor and sat on the floor next to her
"Your hands are like ice." he told her.
"Gregor..." she whimpered.
"No, it's Matt, I'm not..."
"Gregor, I'm sorry I betrayed you. I did it for my mother. I did everything for her." she's hallucinating again.....
"I know you did." he tells her pretending to be Gregor.
"Forgive me?"
"Yes, I forgive you." he says with an accent. Nadia started panicking for some reason.
"Hey, shh, it's okay. It's okay, shh." i tried to soothe her.
"I don't wanna die." she whimpered. Bonnie, Jeremy, Caroline, Stefan, and Tyler enter the room to check on us. Bonnie sits next to her and holds her hand.
"What's gonna happen when I die?" Nadia asked her.
"I'll take your hand, and you'll go to the Other Side. Just like that."
"Will it hurt?"
"You won't feel any pain."Bonnie tells her with a forced smile.
"I'm here to see my daughter." a voice said by the door. Katherine.
Bonnie moves from her spot allowing Katherine to take it.
"You came back for me." Nadia said.
"I won't leave you again."
"Did you find a way to save me?"
Katherine shooked her head no.
"Klaus's blood would have saved you...If I had asked for it. Im so sorry." I said with a tear running down my face
"You would have outed our mother." she said.
"But you would have been alive. And now it's too late." Katherine told her.
"My mother's name is Katherine. I'm looking for her." Nadia said. She's hallucinating again.
"You found me. Nadia, I'm right here." Katherine said.
"She's a liar and a murderer. She manipulates, she betrays...She'll do anything to survive."
"Nadia, no. I'm right here. Nadia, look at me. Look at me. I'm here, I'm right here." Katherine tried to get her to focus.
"I'm looking for my mother..." Nadia whispered. Which cause a pain to hit my chest.
"This is not what your life should have been. 500 years searching for a mother who ended up being me.Let me show you what your life should have been. What a perfect day would look like." Katherine said touching her face. She's going to give her a dream.
"You and I had a little cottage. It was an ordinary summer day. You were playing outside you were tired and it was time for bed. You told me about the fort that you'd built out in the woods by the river. So I asked if I could visit, and you said when the sun came out in the morning. And I said, goodnight Nadia. Sleep well.
Your mother loves you." Katherine said holding my hand, crying as Nadia died. It hurt to loose her.
"Ahhhh!" i heard Bonnie groaned in pain behind me as my mother closes my sisters's eyes and covers her dead body with a blanket.
"So. This is it." she said looking at me. Still holding hands we try to scape but Caroline pulls me back before we get to the door and holds my arms behind me. Katherine tries to escape through the door with her vampspeed, but Damon appears in the doorway and blocks her.
"Hello, Katherine. You didn't think I'd miss this, did you?" he said with a smile. Forcing Katherine to go into the foyer.
"Okay. So...who's got the knife? Which one of you is gonna get to kill the elusive Katherine Pierce once and for all?" she waits for someone to speak, but everyone is silent. "What? Suddenly everyone's speechless? When I was on my deathbed you all had plenty to say. Is it you, Tyler? Because I triggered the werewolf curse? Gave you an identity and made you matter?"
"You've done nothing for me." he said.
"Oh please, Tyler. If I hadn't walked into your life you just be a wasted nobody with a boozy mom and a temper problem."
Tyler takes a step towards Katherine, but Caroline stops him, realising me.
"Please don't do this." i said looking at the floor.
"Hey, dont." Katherine said making me look up to her. "Katy you have to be strong. You have to fight for whatever you want. You're a Petrova. You're a fighter, a survivor, my daughter. I'll be watching over you."
"Now where was I....oh yeah, what about you Caroline?I'm not worried about you offing me. Because we both know I made you better by making you a vampire."
"Goodbye Katherine." Caroline smiles at her.
"Bye, bye Caroline."
"The one girl here who actually appreciates how beautiful you are." she said walking over to Matt. "You wouldn't stab me in the heart, would you, Matty Blue? No, I don't think so. You will definitely go down as the best night I never had. Oh, well..."
"Oh, well..."
Katherine walks over to Jeremy.
"Well, little Gilbert, it was nice to have a brother for a second there...when you weren't being so damn annoying."
"Bon Bon, no need for goodbyes. I'll see you on the flip side."
Katherine walks over to Damon.
"Damon. How you would love nothing more than to drive that blade right through me."
"We've already done that, Kitty Kat. I've said all I needed to say."
"I know but I never got to say what I needed to say to you. I'm sorry. You blame me for who you are. And I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I turned you. I'm sorry that you didn't get to die as a forgotten nobody on a bloody battlefield, and your father didn't get to live another day to be disgraced by you. Damon, I'm sorry that I gave you a life purpose. Passion, drive, desire. I'm sorry that you are who you are, because I'm the one that taught you how to love."
"I'll see you in hell, Katherine."
She winked at him and turns to Stefan.
"Stefan. You know, I've always wondered how it would be like to be loved by you. You've gotta admit, for that one fleeting moment....your feelings were real. It's truly has been the role of a lifetime. Stefan, I love you. And I've always loved you."
Stefan stabs Katherine with the Traveller's knife.
"Nooo!" I groweld making my way towards Stefan only to be pulled into a hug by Caroline.
"Then I guess this is how...our love story ends."
Those were the last words i heard from my mother who is now truly dead. Everything in that moment went in a blur.
Mother falls, Matt catches her, then she sinks to the ground, leaning against the couch. She closes her eyes. When she opens them they're black. She closes them again. Damon carried her upstairs followed by Stefan while everybody else leaves leaving my alone next to the dead body of my sister. Some time later Matt sits on the couch next to Nadia's body. Jeremy appears behind us.
"Stefan said we should bury her in the woods." Jeremy says. I expose my vampire fangs and growl at him making him step back with his hands up in the air.
"Tell him to go fuck himself. She deserves better than that." i get up from the floor and start pacing back and forth trying not to cry. "Matt i need you to help me take her body to the funeral home. I'm also going to need to compel someone to get Katherine's body from the tomb. There's going to be a burial ceremony. I need to call Harry and Nick.....yeah I'll do that....I'll...I'll...this will help my career....publicity. Harry leaving tour to come be by his girlfriend's side now that she lost both her mother and sister in one night."
"Katy...stop."
"No i need to do this so get up and help me." my voice cracking at the end.....