Chapter 26

Katy's POV

Nadia and i have been bonding for the last couple of days getting to know each other and today is no different. I'm not alone anymore. I was snapped out of my thoughts by Bonnie making a video on her phone. Elena and Caroline were out getting more supplies for the party.

"Hi, Mom. I know we haven't seen each other, or talked in  while... so I wanted to make you a video update. I finally finished my whirlwind summer tour, got a new 'do and, I'm in college at Whitmore, where Grams taught. And this is my dorm! It's huge, right? It even has a fireplace! I mean, what dorm has a fireplace?"

Speaking of the devil, here they come.

"Oh, here they are. Hey, guys! Say hi to my mom!" Bonnie said causing Elena and Caroline to wave at the camera excitedly."They're planning me a welcome party. Just something, just low-key. I miss you. Please come visit when you get a chance. I'll, um, talk to you soon. Bye!"

With my best Bonnie voice I say:

"By the way, Mom; I'm not a witch anymore, because I died and then came back from the Other Side.

"Yeah, I'm this supernatural anchor that connects the two worlds together, so..." Caroline said following along.

"Technically, I'm a ghost, that people can still see, and touch, so..." Elena says, playing my little game.

"Okay, so I left out a detail...or two. I'll explain when she visits. How big is this party going to be?" Bonnie says eyeing all the alcoholic beverages the girls were able to get their hands on.

"Well, let's see. Silas and Tessa are gone, and you finally aren't.Which equals a massive cause for celebration!Which equals a massive party. Hopefully. I mean, since each of us have only made one friend in college so far." Elena told her.

"And given that Katy won't be joining us and that my only friend went radio silent after he kissed me, and Elena's was last seen at a tea party for a vampire-hating secret society." Caroline said.

"Hmm... Augustine, right? The one who covered up your roommate's death and wants you kicked off from campus." Bonnie said catching us by surprise which could be read all over our faces.

"What? I've kept up! The Other Side is boring. What else am I supposed to do?" she asked."Oh, shoot. Um, I have to go register for classes." she said after looking at her phone.

The girls and I share a look knowing very well Bonnie was lying to us.

" Well, have fun registering." i said with a low voice.Caroline,Elena, and i tease Bonnie, acting like we are making out.

"Oh my god, oh my god!" Bonnie yells before taking off.

Katherine's POV

Ive been sitting at the bar in the grill since they opened up, drinking away my feelings.But apparently i can't do that anymore since Matty- blue here is refusing to give me another drink. I know i seemed like a emotionless bitch after the things i told Nadia. But it was the motherly thing to do. I don't want her to get used to seeing me every day just to loose me all over again.

"How about now? Matty Blue-Blue. I want another drink."

"No! You're drunk and scaring the customers."

"You realize that every single time you say no, it just makes you hotter, right?" I should of compelled him when I had the chance. Why does he have to be so hot, and ignoring me,bothering the crap out of me fyi; watching something on his phone. Curiosity, one of my many traits.

"What are you watching, some Czech reality show?" I asked.

"How'd you know it was Czech?".

I shake my glass at him, letting the ice cubes smack against the sides of my glass.