Chapter 10

Sleeping in is an amazing feeling, especially if you've stayed out late the night before. I do just that in this Saturday morning because firstly, it's finally the weekend, and secondly, Liam, Mason, and I all got back home past midnight.

It is actually six in the morning that I first wake up. Obviously, I go back to sleep, so it's not until ten that I officially get up from bed. I stretch and roll out of the comfort of my blankets, heading first to the bathroom to shower. When I hear my phone ringing in the middle of the shower, I have to struggle to reach for it by the sink and answer the call after turning the water off.

"Hello?"

"Morning, Riley Bales."

"Morning, Liam Dunbar," I mimic. "Why are you calling?"

"Hello to you too," he says playfully. "Well, you haven't answered mine or Mason's texts."

"Oh, shoot, sorry. I slept in and haven't checked my phone yet."

"That's fine, but we were going to ask you if you wanted to head out for breakfast but since you weren't answering, we kind of got some already."

"Thanks," I say sarcastically.

"Sorry," he laughs. "Just wait and see. Are you free today?"

"Kinda," I reply, pondering on what he meant by 'just wait and see.' "Where do you wanna meet up?"

"Do you mind if I stop by your place? I'm literally almost there."

"Sure. Actually, wait. No, not yet. I'm still in the shower," I blurt out. Then, I feel my face heat up and I literally slap a hand to my forehead, cursing myself for just casually saying that to Liam. To others, it may not even a big deal, but I practically hinted that I'm naked at the moment and I'm quite an awkward person with these things.

"Oh," is all Liam says. I can hear him clear his throat on the other line, probably looking for something to say.

"Forget what I said," I laugh nervously. "Just, uh, give me a few minutes."

I quickly end the call and shower in a much faster pace. When I'm done, I get dressed at the same speed while trying to dry my hair at least a little bit. I walk out my bathroom after ten minutes and the first thing I see is Liam comfortably sitting at the edge of my bed.

"How did you get in?" I question him.

He shrugs and smiles a little. "Your mom let me in."

"Of course."

Then, Liam leans over and picks something from the other side of my bed. I can't see what it is at first, but when he straightens up again, I see him holding a paper bag from a coffee shop that he and I have been to before.

"Breakfast," he says with a wide grin, handing the bag to me.

I raise my eyebrows in amusement. "You seriously bought me breakfast?"

"Come on, I can be sweet when I want to," he says jokingly. "Besides, I felt bad that it was just Mason and I who went out for breakfast."

"Yeah, you want on a date with my one of my best friends," I say dramatically, making Liam roll his eyes. "But really, thank you."