Arranged partners

Draco had long left the fourth floor. Hermione silently following him, they reached the Slytherin Dungeons and saw two people snogging in front of the portrait. Hermione saw a flash of red hair and brown, Draco suddenly realized who it was. Pansy Parkinson and Ronald Weasley.

"Foul, get of the potrait Weasel, Pansy you are unbelievable you need to learn all the rules of being in Slytherin you can't kiss blood traitor's." Ron and Pansy ignored him and kept snogging. Then there was a click of the camera again and the fourth year had sprinted away not daring to be found.

Someone sniffed and then issued a heart breaking cry, Hermione had sprinted away from the sight. Another set of footsteps had left the scene, Draco had sprinted after Hermione. They both entered a classroom. Hermione issued out more cry's and Draco tried his very best to comfort her but he had never done it much in his life.

Hermione got tired so she left to go to her dormitory, leaving Draco in the classroom thinking about the scene he had saw earlier. Draco hated seeing Pansy snuggling up to Ron, even Hermione hated it. I don't know why Hermiones so upset, it was as if she lost someone she truly loved. What if she loved Weasley. Draco thought to himself.

_______________________________________

Around 6:00 am Hermione had made her way down to the Great Hall for breakfast. The doors were closed and everyone was still in there common rooms even Ron who had gotten back after Hermione. Footsteps issued from the other side of the door, Professor Mcgonagall opened the doors. "Miss Granger how wonderful to see you so early, what brings you here at this time?"

"Oh Professor I hope you don't mind but I needed to eat earlier because I need to go to the library after breakfast. It was just for some research about..." Hermione stuttered she forgot that class hadn't even started yet.

"Miss Granger you haven't started classes yet, I think it's best to stop worrying, your definitely one of the smartest witches in your year, you will be absolutely fine. Please don't put anymore stress unto yourself."

"Yes Professor." Hermione said walking to the Gryfindor table and taking a seat. Eventually more students arrived, Luna, Neville, Harry, Ron, Ginny, Cho, Patil twins, Seamus, Dean, Ron and Harry among them.

Hermione noticed they sat far away from her, she quickly ate her breakfast and ran out of the Great Hall. As she ran out not looking where she was going she bumped into someone and fell on top of them. "owe." Hermione groaned.

Looking into the face of the person she had fallen on, those grey eyes, it was none other than Draco Malfoy. Everyone in the Great Hall was staring "Malfoy and Granger get a room." one of the Hufflepuffs yelled. The whole of the Great Hall bursted into laughter.

Hermione got off Draco and apologized and sprinted out of the Hall before Draco could say anything.

______________________________________

A few of the fourth years on the Hufflepuff table were whispering, "Did the photo's come out okay for the Hogwarts Weekly; Inside Hogwarts. And are you sure it's even Malfoy and Granger?"

"Yeah I did also there's one of the sixth year in Slytherin snogging Ron Weasley." the other boy whispered.

"Well, what do write up? Two articles this week are you kidding." a fourth year girl asked.

"Well yes, but make them extremely detailed. One on the Slytherin and Weasley and another on Granger and Malfoy." the boy whispered.

"What Slytherin girl?" the girl said.

The hufflepuff pointed to Pansy who was talking to Blaise Zabini.

"That's Pansy Parkinson. Her father worked for the ministry of magic but got voted out for his attempt to make a law about wizards and witches marrying muggles. Oh and she's also a prefect." the girl said.

"Okay, everyone got that it's Pansy Parkinson and Ron Weasley. We all know Hermione Granger and Draco Malfoy." the boy whispered.

"Oh what day do I post it?" a different boy asked.

"Monday."

"So give me the pictures to put on the front cover." the hufflepuff boy said.

___________________________________________

Harry looked over at the excited Hufflepuffs, "What are they planning? It looks like there up to something." Harry said to Ron.

"I'll have a talk to there prefects." Ron growled.

"Are you sure?" Harry asked.

"Absolutely not, you Gryfindor's need to realize you don't go around blaming people who haven't done anything wrong, especially not the Hufflepuffs." the Hufflepuff prefect said.

______________________________________________

Hermione went to potions by herself, feeling a bit heartbroken and gloomy. Draco noticed this and when they walked in they were greeted by none other than Professor Slughorn. "Sit down. It's nice to see your taking potions this year. I am your teacher Professor Slughorn. Now I wan't you to know I am grouping you up with people in this classroom whom I think you are similar to. Now at the end of this lesson I'll be giving you, you're partner."

Harry and Ron walked in, "Professor Ron and I don't have any books so may we borrow some?"

"Of course you can dear boy."

The lesson drew on and Harry was getting quite a lot of attention from Draco, Professor Slughorn and Hermione. "What is he up to." Draco sneered.

"I don't care anything to get away from you ferret face." Pansy growled.

"Why don't you sit with Weasley your so called boyfriend Pug face." Draco snapped.

Draco and Pansy were raging at each other, Hermione was only one table in front and it was intense. "Malfoy and Parkinson that's enough, I'm looking at Harry's potion so if you don't mind Malfoy move next to Granger. Then I'm sure you'll be able to get your work done."

Draco grabbed his books and moved next to Hermione. "Hermione, are you ok?" he whispered.

Hermione sighed, "No i'm not. I think I am but I'm not."

Draco stared for a while and then got back to work. At the end of the lesson Professor Slughorn cleared his throat. "The top of the class today for intelligence was none other than Hermione Granger. Today's best potions were made by the one and only Harry Potter. So I would like to say Harry's potions were perfect and I couldn't have done better. Most of you still need to enhance the skills of potion making. So the partners for potions are Harry Potter and Hermione Granger."

"Professor can you put me with someone else?" Hermione asked.

"Oh ok, very well. I have to say Draco Malfoy's skills were very high as well as Hermione Granger. I would like partner Hermione Granger with Draco Malfoy. Millicent Bulstrode with Tracey Davis. Dean Thomas with Seamus Finnigan. Ronald Weasley with Pansy Parkinson. Neville Longbottom with Lavender Brown...."

All students had left the potions class muttering about the partners.  Everyone got good partners except for Hermione and Ron.

Harry was complaining, "I can't believe Professor Slughorn actually paired you up with Parkinson.  Why don't you complain, Hermione did and she got Malfoy.  Soon there the ones going to be snogging in the corridors."

Ron cleared his throat, "Actually Harry there's something I wanted to tell you.  I understand if you hate me after this but I don't mind being with Parkinson we do Prefect duties together so why not do potions together?"

"I thought you hated Parkinson, wait do you?"

"Not any more Harry there's something between us."

__________________________________
Hey another update!!!!
Enjoy the next one
-Ashy