~Forty-Five {Dawson: Part 2}~

Start from the beginning

I smiled at her. "Perfect, thank you. Just not very hungry."

"Yeah, okay." snorted Dallas earning him a sharp look from his father.

Jessie's older brother Dallas was seated across from me. He wasn't the nicest kid I'd ever met. I suppose you could chalk it up to him being nineteen and mate-less. Jessie told me he had a month to find a mate or he'd have to enlist as a Warrior Wolf. I personally thought he was one. He had the build, the brute strength. But of course Jessie insisted he just hadn't met 'her'. You know, the 'her' ever male dreams of. The all-around American female werewolf. Beautiful, smart, and willing to stay barefoot and pregnant.

My face felt hot. "Dallas, apologize."

"Fine, God! I'm sorry Dawson. I'm going upstairs." Dallas took the chunk of fish in his fist, munching on it as he looked at his phone. He kicked my chair as he left, pushing me into the table.

I winced in pain but kept my mouth shut. "That boy isn't fun to be around at all," commented Mark with an apologetic shake of his head. "Don't take it personally, Dawson. He's miserable."

I forced a smile and waited for Jessie to finish up so I could escape to his room. Jessie threw down his fork looking at me. "Wanna watch a movie in the den? We could in my room but the den's got an AC. All I've got is a fan."

"Sure." I said, cursing him in my head.

"Go ahead boys. I'll take care of the dishes." Allison said. "Are you sure you don't want anything more, Dawson?"

Jeez lady, quit reminding me I'm fat! "I'm okay, thank you." I said with a fake smile.

She nodded, releasing us into the den.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Get up loser. I'm supposed to take you home."

"Stop being mean, Dallas or I'm telling dad!"

I forced my eyes open. I had my body buried in a pile of stuffed teddies and purple velvety pillows. "Wha'?"

"Your dad called. He said he needed you home pronto. I dunno why."

I felt dread weigh in my stomach. "What time is it?"

"Like midnight. I don't want to wake up my parents. They have real jobs. I answered the phone and said I'd bring your big butt home. Let's go."

I moved automatically. If I dawdled at home, I got beat. I slipped easily into home-mode. "I'm waking up mom and dad!" proclaimed Jessie sleepily.

Dallas threw a plush orca at him. "Shut up and go back to sleep dork. He'll be fine. I'm just walking him back home. Unless you wanna come?"

Jessie shrunk back into the warmth of the bed. He wasn't fond of the dark and everyone knew it. "Didn't think so, you big chicken," chuckled Dallas. "C'mon Dawson. It's not like you've got much to pack!"

"I'm ready." I replied deadly. My shoes were by the door. I'd grab them on the way out.

"Bye Dawson," yawned Jessie. "I'll see you Monday, okay?"

"Yeah okay." I said deadly, trailing behind Dallas. "See ya."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~