Chapter 23

Chapter 23

"We're here." Josh said, "Alright thanks for the ride." I said hugging him in the car. "Everything will get better Eve." He said. I got out of the car and walked up to Jess's door and before I knocked on her door I waved bye to Josh before he drove off. "Jess I'm here!" I yelled from outside, "coming!" I heard her yell. She opened the door with open hands, "Eve I missed you so much! What happened to your eye?!" We walked into the house together and she led us to her room. "Matt hit me this morning when I was trying to leave his house." I said taking a seat on her bed. "Why were you even there?" She brought me a wet wash cloth to put on my eye. "Ugh I don't know. I thought he changed and shit but I guess not." I told her about the events that occurred this morning, how he made breakfast and how it led to me being hit. "Oh my god what are you going to do when you go to school tomorrow?" She asked. "Well that is why I'm here do you think I could stay over and in the morning when I get ready for school can you cover it up with makeup please!" I said. She nodded with a smile, "of course I can." We talked for a while catching up since I haven't seen her after Brennen passed. "Do you want to get out of the house?" She asked, "don't worry I'll fix your eye." She said. I changed into some better clothes she gave me some black skinny jeans with a purple v neck. "Alright ready?" she asked. "Yeah let's go!" We walked downstairs and got into her car. We spent the rest of the day at the mall just window shopping. As we came to the end of the day we got Starbucks and made our way home.

"Here are some pajamas." Jess handed a pair of shorts and a big t-shirt to me. "You could sleep in Brennens room if you want or you could sleep in here." She said smiling. "I'll sleep in Brennens room." I gave her a soft smile and walked to his room. I got changed and laid his on his bed. I closed my eyes remembering the last few days I spent with Brennen.