Chapter 16

Chapter Sixteen

"Honey wake up." I felt a few nudges coming from what looked like my mom with my eyes half closed and half open, "Mom?" "Eve it's 4:00pm."I shook my head trying to wake myself up, "when did you get home last night?" my mom asked. "Um I-I-I'm not sure?" "Well there is dinner down stairs, it's spaghetti and meatballs." She said smiling, she gave me a kiss on the forehead and walked out my room shutting the door. I checked my phone to see if I had any missed calls or texts, there were just a couple texts from Brennen.

B: Eve I'm sorry!
' B: Eve please I didn't mean anything.

B: Eve, I'm sorry for all of the hurtful bullshit that came out of my mouth earlier. I reallyx10000000 like you and maybe you can just chill with me again you know... as friends? Alright well I'll let you sleep text or call me tomorrow?

Damn I guess I was kind of being a sensitive little bitch last night but that doesn't explain why I still have some feelings toward Matt. That asshole abused me how can I still like him. Brennen did have a good point last night. I chose to call him to ask if we can chill later today so I can apologize face-to-face.

I came up to Brennen's door and hesitated to knock but I soon I had the balls to knock and wait for an answer."Eve!" Jessica yelled while inviting me in. "Where have you been? I missed you!" she added. "Home, here, and home!" I said laughing still hugging her, "so where's Brennen I needed to tell him something?" "He's up in his room watching Star Wars and some shit." "Thanks Jess." I laughed making my way to his room. I knocked on the side of the opened door, "hey can I come in?" I asked he turned around to see who it was that knocked. I took a seat by him on the bed, "I just want to apologize for calling you a dick and a bitch, I like you a lot and I didn't mean anything I said." He nodded and grabbed my hand, "I'm also sorry, I shouldn't be poking my nose in other people's business." There was a small silence in the room, "well that's all I needed to say so I guess I'll just leave." I said putting my bag over my shoulder and got up from the bed and he went back to watching Star Wars. I was waiting for Brennen to say something like, "stop" or "no stay" but I got nothing out of him. I stopped for a second and turned to Brennen, "you know, it doesn't seem like you really care about this fucking situation Brennen." His eyes were still focused on his TV I scoffed, "Brennen can you stop watching the movie for just 5 minutes? I wanna talk." He rolled his eyes still not answering me, "Brennen are you fucking serious? We just apologized. I apologized and I meant it. You apologized but it doesn't seem like you fucking meant it just talk to me!"

Brennen paused his movie and got up to face me, "Eva look, yes I'm truly sorry but you still have some feelings towards Matt stop lying to yourself." "Okay so what if I do? You're here as a guy to help me get over him." "How the fuck am I supposed to do that if you stop me from making a move on you?" "Because I'm just not ready yet!" "See! That Is what I'm fucking talking about Eva. Saying you aren't ready yet is basically saying you still have feelings for that dick. Eva he fucking hit you." "Yes Brennen I know he fucking hit me! I realize he's a dick head I realize all the shit you're saying!" I heard a knock from Jessica, "is everything okay here?" I turned around with tears forming in my eyes, "yeah of course! Just talking about some shit." I said with a smile. "You sure?" I nodded yes then looking back at Brennen I heard Jess leave and we continued our talking but with our voices lowered. "You know what Brennen I'm done, I'm leaving." I walked down the stairs with tears slowly rolling down my cheek and I still didn't hear Brennen stop me.

: