Chapter 13

Chapter Thirteen

I walked into my house to see my mom sitting in the living room watching TV, "hey mom I'm back" I walked over to sit next to her, "hey honey how did dinner go with Matt?" I took a deep breath and slouched into the couch, "it went pretty good but we didn't even eat much... A few of Brennens fans saw me and one of them asked how I was and then Matt asked what she was talking about and so everything was just so emotional." I said looking down. My mom put her arm around me and gave me a tight hug, "aw honey but aside from all that was it good? Where did he take you?" With my head still down I smiled then looked up at her, "he took me to Olive Garden." "Did you tell him you liked Olive Garden before?" I was getting really tired so I got up and yawned, "I did but back home when we first dated. He never took me out to dinner so it was a big shock he even knew my favorite place. Well I'm really tired goodnight I love you mamma." I gave my mom a hug and then I walked up to my room.

After removing my makeup and changing into some comfortable clothes I laid down and tried to sleep but I couldn't. What happened tonight night was a mess not a complete mess but you know a mess. The "date" should've been just us catching up not my sob story about Brennen and then I making him cry, I'd never thought I'd make him cry. I feel terrible! I decided to go on Twitter and look through my feed until I fall asleep and get this off of my mind. As I scrolled through my feed I saw a tweet from Matt saying, "New beginnings are often disguised as painful endings." I decided to give Matt a call.

M: "Hello?"

E: "Hey Matt..."

M: "Hey Eva..."

E: "I want to apologize for tonight..."

M: "Why? You did nothing wrong. It was my entire fault."

E: "Matt no, I shouldn't have said anything."

M: "Eva stop I shouldn't have even asked you to go out on a dinner date..."

E: "Matt you don't mean that-"

M: "No Eva I do. If I didn't message you we wouldn't be in this mess in the first place."

E: "Matt stop."

M: "Eva I'm sorry I'll talk to you later."

Matt hung up before I could even said goodbye. A few tears started rolling down my cheeks. Why did I even think about finding him, thinking of him, or even approving of going on a dinner date with him if I wouldn't have found his Instagram or commented on his picture none of this wouldn't have happened. It's my entire fault. I pulled my blankets over my head and started to cry. Soon I fell asleep with tears running down my face.

The next morning I woke up to a ring from my phone I turned over to see who it was and it was Matt,

E: "What do you want?"

M: "Sorry I forgot how you get in the early mornings." He laughed.

E: "Matt what do you want?"

M: "I just wanted to know if you wanted to go get some coffee. I would really like to know more about your story."

E: "Alright pick me up in like an hour and I will be ready."

M: "Alright I'll be there!"

When I hung up I started to wash my face, brush my teeth, and did my makeup. I put on a light nude eye shadow with a winged liner. I straightened my hair and put it up in a messy half up half down bun. I put on some black leggings with a large long loose t-shirt that went down to middle of my butt and wore some black combat boots. I heard the door bell ring so I ran down stairs to open the door, "coming!" I yelled as I ran down. When I opened the door I was out of breath from running. "Hey!" I said taking a deep breath. "Hey are you okay?" Matt asked with a small laugh. "Are you ready?" Matt asked pointing to his car. I nodded yes and we both walked to his car.