His Plead, Her Refusal

(Added 14/4/2013 )

A light rain drizzled down on the two people lost in each other clouded eyes, “I can’t give you the world at your feet, Sarah, but I can give you my heart, my dreams, vow my life and I can promise you, Sarah,” he paused breathless with his heart pounding at a miserably rate, “that I will love you forever until my last dying breathe. I’d do anything for you Sarah, but I won’t do this,” he emphasised with his fisted tightened at his side.

“I won’t, I won’t give you this, I won’t watch you kill a part of me – apart of us,” he begged with pain riddling his tired body.

“I know we have major obstacles but together we can overcome them Sarah,” he voiced broken as he takes her hand with his sweaty palm wetting her skin. A lone tear slipped from his glossy eyes, his face mirrored a man lost slowly tipping over the edge with his heart in shreds.

“Please Sarah, Please, don’t do this to us- to me.”

“I can do better, be better, give me a chance, Sarah,” he cried bitterly clutching her hand to his wavering heart.

“I love you, I want this, let me be the man you can love again, I never stopped loving you Sarah, I never stopped,” he whispered in a ghostly tone.

His raw red eyes begged and his broad shoulders sagged, vibrating with waves of desperation drowning his body.

“Please, please,” he chants with his broken voice thick with sadness, pulling her hand to his cheek he rubbed her soft palm over his tear soaked face, “this is what you are to me Sarah ; my everything, I live, work and breathe for us – for you,” He inhaled, shivering deadly, “and me.”

“Please don’t take this away from me – from us,” he murmured kissing her warm palm.

“I am nothing without you, Sarah.”

“Nothing!” he yelled with huge drops of tears cascading down his pale face, “Please don’t,” he whispered choking on his words that stopped in his throat.

Lost and breathless, his chest heaved rapidly and his grazed upon the horizon that reflected his woes, “I remember when it was me and you … in love,” he whispered, “we breathed each other, my love; us against the world – your parents.”

“They hated me, they say I was no good; no good for their precious daughter,” he uttered reminiscing. His eyes were void of life, his hair matted to his forehead with the sky’s dark tears washing his face.

A sick laugh spilled from his quivering lips that flowed on the warm wind and stained the air, “all I ever wanted was you, Sarah, I know a poor man like me was never enough but I hoped and love you with everything I am; I love who we are,” he pledged pressing his trembling hand to her flat stomach.

A muffled whimper tumbled from her pained body while she tried stifling a cry with her hand clamped over her mouth.

“Please don’t do this, this is you and me,” he pleaded lacing his fingers with hers.

“I’m sorry John,” Sarah whispered between sobs, “so sorry, but we- this can’t.”

“It’s time, we are no more, and this?” she voiced strongly with her hand over her stomach, “isn’t real, we weren’t real.”

His body shook and his tears mixed with the rain dripped to the ground pooling at his feet, his frame weak, he fell to his knees with defeat sinking into his pores.

Timidly she reached her hand to his face and pressed a final kiss to his hair, “I’m sorry John, so sorry,” Sarah murmured with her eyes closed tight fighting against regrets. Unwillingly she pushed her body away from him, her face pale and haunting as she stared at the dark building in her sights “North Star Clinic”.

Pressing her shaking hands to her stomach, she walked into her future soaked with guilt; a future that didn’t include him, a future that didn’t include the life within her.