I Do ... This I promise You

“Did you know that we would be here right now, that we would have made it?” he whispered lovingly into her hair that caressed the nape of her neck, “no, I didn’t,” she replied kissing his bare shoulder.

“I remember when this was all a dream,” he breathed buried in his memories, “I remembered when this ring was just a promise,” Henry spoke kissing her fingers.

Rubbing her ring with her finger she held her hand against his cold cheek, “yes Henry, how could I forget?” Julia voiced sweetly, “It was the day I gave you my whole heart, the day I vowed that I would spent the rest of my life with you.”

Smiling his heart swelled with the love he had for her and the love that shone in her eyes for him, “Julia, you’re my everything, my every day, my moon and stars,” Henry murmured into the palm of her hand breathing her in.

Inhaling deeply tears sprung to her eyes and her skin tingled, “I love you Henry, more than you know even if the happiness turns to sorrow,” she whispered turning her face to the orange sunset.

“Please Julie, don’t,” Henry pleaded clutching her hand to his chest as the breeze from the sea wrapped it’s self around them, “It wasn’t your fault Julie,” he spoke with certainty as he held her chin and stared into her eyes filled with unshed tears, “look at me,” he whispered against her quivering lips.

Blinking away the tears, she captured him in a deep stare, “you see the best in people and that’s a good thing; it’s what makes you … you,” Henry voiced kissing her lips chastely.

“No tears, we made it, we made it together, through all the darkness, didn’t we?” he asked wrapping his legs around her waist. Sniffing softly, Julia rubbed her eyes and gazed at the rough sea, “yes, we did,” she whispered barely trailing her fingers over the wet sand.

“We did, love, this is the start of our lives together,” he paused, “those vows I made yesterday were my forever promise to you,” Henry replied kissing her neck

“I vow to honour, love and cherish you always until my last dying breathe,” Henry uttered from memory staring into her melting chocolate pools, “I promise to see you in our times of dark and light, I vow to hold you when the times get tough, and kiss you when the pains gets too much.”

“I promise to walk hand in hand with your through the many sunrises and sunsets until the last days of our lives, to share my dreams and create memories that we hold dear in our hearts,” Henry recited embracing her shivering frame to his, “I vow to be the best man I can be; the man that makes you smile, the man that wipes away your tears when the blue skies turns grey.”

Kissing her eyes, Henry combed his hand through her hair that mingled with the wind, “I promise to hold you dear, always close and in my heart, “Henry vowed brushing away the tears that wetted her cheeks, “I Henry Collins, take you Julia Hopkins to be my wife, to love and honor you always, to love you forever, to cherish you until death do us part.”

Sobs of happiness spills from her lips as she rested her head on his chest, “ I Julia Hopkins, take you Henry Collins to be my husband, to love, honour, respect and cherish you forever and always until my last days,” she replied as she captured his warms lips in a passionate kiss.

Their love surged between them as they sealed their new lives together with the happiness and finality they deserved, “until the end of our days.”,” they both whispered as their foreheads rested against each other’s, “I do … this I promise you.”