Chapter 16 - Dreams

Lisa's pov
So now I know Shane's biggest secret.. Wow. I decided not to talk about it, and not make this any more awkward then it is. The doctor walked in.

"Everything looks fine to me. Just a few cuts and bruises. Nothing major. May I ask how this happened?"

"I um-" I started

"She fell down the stairs." Said Shane.

"Oh alrighty then..." Said the doctor. "You're free to go."

We walked out of the hospital together. He helped me into my car. "Lisa. I just have to tell you this. I had a weird dream-" Shane said.

"Where I died..?" I said. I kind of just said this because I had a weird dream too, where I went into surgery and there was a gofundme page and we raised a ton of money and that's all I remember. It's hard to remember dreams.

"Yes..." Said Shane.

We explained the dreams we had and they matched up perfectly. Strange. Maybe this meant something. "Don't worry Lisa," Shane comforted me. "You aren't going to die anytime soon. Not on my watch."

We pulled into the driveway and Shane helped me out of the car. As I walked into my apartment I thought about how much he meant to me. "Shane," I said, "you should sleep here tonight- only if you want..." "Lisa.. Are you scared?" Shane said. "Maybe just a little." I answered. He told me of course he would stay here with me, he hugged me and told me not to be scared. I slept in my bed and Shane slept on the couch. I fell asleep that night feeling safe, for the first time in forever.

But then it happened.

At about 4 am I heard a knock at the door. "LISA. OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR!!!" Oh shit. It was George. Shane walked into my room. "Lisa... WhaT THE FUCK IS GOING ON!?!?"

Oh shit. I shouldn't have let Shane stay here. "Call 911. Now." I said.

Shane dialed 911 and told them that someone was breaking into "our" apartment. We waited for the cops to come. Finally we heard sirens coming from ride outside of the building. With one last hard hit, the front door of my apartment just broke off. And George came storming in. He walked into our room and saw Shane. "Is this a fucking joke?! You think you can just bring this douchebag into MY house?!" George yelled. "It's not a house. And it's not YOURS either. I pay for it. And I'm kicking you out of it." I told George. He tried to slap me but Shane grabbed his wrist, "DON'T YOU FUCKING TOUCH HER YOU DICK HEAD!!" Shane yelled. The cops walked in the room and asked who was breaking in. I paused. "This one..." I said, pointing to George.