Chapter 8 - I Love You, Lisa

Shane's pov
There were so many things going through my head at once. Oh my God. I just had my first kiss... And it was with Lisa. And she could die right now and I kissed her. I was glad I did. Even if she died right then and there I would've at least been able to kind of in a way let her know that I loved her. I walked into the room Doctor Smith was in. "Hello? Doctor Smith? Lisa is ready.." "Ah! Of course! So are we! Let's get started. Did you say goodb- I mean. Um. Good luck?" Said Doctor Smith. "Uh. Yeah. Yeah I- I did." I answered nervously. Doctor Smith walked into the room and wheeled Lisa out on one of those bed things you see in Grey's Anatomy. Only this was real life and Lisa wasn't acting. She could die. I felt my heart sink at that thought. She could. She could die right now and I'll never get to tell her how much she meant to me. Doctor Smith saw me reaching out for Lisa's hand and stopped. I held her hand for a little while and I said it. I went for it. "I love you, Lisa" I said. Tears rolled down her cheeks and she whispered "I love you more, Shaney..." Doctor Smith rolled her away into the operating room. That was the last time I ever saw Lisa Schwartz.