five.

Azariah:

"B-baby!" I whispered nudging a sleeping Keenon. I'd just gotten off the phone from the worst phone call I could possibly receive on Saturday at seven in the morning.

"What?" He groaned opening his eyes shielding them with his arm from the sun that was beaming into the room.

"D-deejay ... they said he was stabbed to death in jail."

"What?" He asked fully awake now. He sat up in the bed placing his back on the headboard.

"They called and said he was rushed to the hospital near the jail. Somebody killed him. They stabbed him baby. They think it's gang related. What am I going to tell Sabrina? We we're suppose to be taking her to go see him today. She's going to be so sad." I rambled as tears welded in my eyes. Sabrina's heart was going to be broken which meant mine was also.

Keenon sat on the edge of the bed staring at nothing in particular while I paced the floor racking my mind with ways to tell a child their brother was deceased.

Neither Keenon or I had the answer on how to tell her so I called my mother to get answers. We were both still young and trying learning our way around parenthood. I never expected I would have to explain death to child anytime soon and to make matters worst it was off guard.

I dialed my mother's cellphone number  placing my phone to my ear, still placing the floor.

"Shonee girl it's our baby Ari!" I heard my mother yell followed by some shuffling. "Good morning baby! Shonee says good morning."

"Morning, tell her I said morning also." I sniffled trying to clear the lump in my throat. It was evident in my voice that I had been crying.

"Whats wrong?" My mother asked with so much concern.

"Sabrina's brother Deejay was murdered in prison sometime last night or between this morning. I just got the call I don't know what to do. She was suppose to he going to see him. This is too much. She's going to be so hurt!" I cried. "She loved that man so much mommy. How do you tell a six year old their brother died? The only person she knew that shared the same blood as her. I can't stand to see her cry mommy." I cried into the phone. Keenon stood up from the bed walking over to me leading me to the bed making me sit down.

"And I can't stand to see you cry. Do you feel it's the right time to tell her? You and Keenon are going to have to be there for her more than ever now."

"We will always be here for her and I'm not sure. I don't know how to do this! Can you guys come over and help please? I know you guys aren't doing anything but talking about daddy and sipping wine." I chuckled a little.

"Of course, we're messy like you, Mila and Jailen." She laughed causing a smile to form on my lips. "We're on our way."

"Okay, see you soon."

"Bye Snugga!"

"Mommy!" I whined until I received the dial tone.

"What they say?" Keenon asked standing in front of me as I sat on the edge of the bed.

"They're on their way." He nodded his head.

"You straight?" He asked studying me face.

"Straight as a line." I mumbled as tears welded in my eyes. I was trying to be strong for Sabrina she was going to need us. Even though deejay approached me in the upmost rudest way when we first met him and I became close. He loved the fact that Sabrina had some one to call mommy and daddy. He was just as excited as us when we mentioned the twins. He just wanted to serve his ten years and get out and do better for Sabrina.