Fuyumi

Gray's P.O.V.

"What do you mean by 'we are not coming back'?" Mirajane asked with one of her smiles that scared the crap out of me. She might look innocent and sweet, but there is a reason why she was called Demon.

"Relax, Mira. We are just staying here for a few days, maybe weeks," Miyuki answered, as nervous as I was. At least she was able to change the topic.

"Levy? Is that you?" Mirajane asked, surprised. "What happened to your hair?"

"This is my natural color, Mira," my little sister answered with a small smile. "I used to dye it blue because it reminded me of our dead mother, but now I don't want to hide myself anymore." Her words made me glow with pride. She had always been the strong one. It doesn't matter how much she refuses to believe me, it is the truth. "Mira, would you please tell Master what happened during this mission and that we will return as soon as we finish helping out the city?"

"Of course, Levy," Mirajane smiled, but this time it was a kind smile, not an evil one.

"Can you please not tell anyone where we are as well?" I added quickly before Mira could finish the call. "We don't want more trouble for Steel City."

"Is that the only reason?" Mirajane teased with a smile.

"Yes, it is Mira," Miyuki answered. "I miss Gajeel a lot, but the only thing he will do here is pick fights with Gray and destroy an already destroyed city." Her serious tone and sad eyes made Mirajane stop teasing and look at us with shame in her eyes.

"You are right, Levy," she said softly. "I am truly sorry. I promise that I will not tell a soul."

"Thank you!" we both said in unison before the call ended.

"She is scary as hell," I commented, making Miyuki giggle.

"But we love her anyway," she said, making me grunt. "But you are right, as always, sis."

After our chat with Mirajane, we went to bed so we could rest before a day full of work. We weren't staying at the motel anymore but at the mayor's house, a courtesy for saving her city and helping out. When morning came, I left Miyuki in the house with the mayor so they could discuss all the boring things like money, politics, education, etc. My little sis was good at that stuff. On the other hand, I helped the men reconstruct the buildings. We continued helping out like this for at least two more weeks before we decided that the city could continue on its own.

"We are really grateful for your help," the mayor thanked us once more. We were at the train station, and there were a lot of people there to say goodbye. "This train will go towards Magnolia without making any stops during the journey, and it will be for both of you only."

"We can't accept that!" Miyuki exclaimed, surprised.

"My sister is right," I added. "It's too much."

"You saved us, didn't accept the rewards, and even helped us," the mayor told us, making us blush at her praise. "It's the least we can do to pay you. If you don't accept it, we will feel very bad later." She gave us a puppy look that shouldn't work so well on a woman in her forties, but we accepted.

"They truly are grateful," Miyuki commented when the train started moving. "Can you imagine what they have gone through?"

"No, I can't," I answered.

"And I hope you never have to

know," a female voice, that I couldn't place, told us.

"Didn't the mayor say that we were the only ones on the train?" Miyuki questioned.

"She did." I took my sword up and stepped in front of my little sister. "Stay behind me," I ordered her, even though I knew she hates it when I do that.

"Come on, Gray, there is no use for that now." A mini snowstorm appeared on one of the seats in front of us, leaving a lady there. She was in her thirties, had white waist-long hair, light-blue eyes, and was wearing a white yukata. She was the pure representation of snow, if it had a human form. "My name is Fuyumi," she smiled kindly at us, but her eyes never left my sister. "And you must be Miyuki." She took her hands and smiled brightly at my sis. "Metalicana talks a lot about you with the rest of the dragons, you know?" At her words, we both stood still as a rock. "Yes, little ones. The dragons are all alive, but right now the strongest ones must stay hidden."

"Earth, fire, water, wind, light, and shadow," Miyuki said, but it sounded more like a chant.

"Indeed." Fuyumi's smile grew bigger, if that was possible. "Metalicana always said that you were smart, but I couldn't believe it until I saw it. You might be asking yourself who I am..."

"The snow dragon. I read about the ability of dragons to change into human form. But Gajeel told me that he only saw his father in dragon form, so I thought it was wrong," my sis cut her off. "What does Metalicana say about me?" Then she asked shyly, completely changing the topic.

"He says how lucky his boy is that he found a pretty girlfriend like you. He also thanks you a lot for saving Gajeel from the darkness and for forgiving him too," the words of the lady made me remember how Miyuki met Gajeel. "That bastard hurt her and now wants her. I will make sure that he pays for what he did!" "He also brags about how his son is the first to get with someone." Fuyumi giggled a bit before turning serious. "But I'm not here to talk about Metalicana and Gajeel. I am here to teach you Snow Dragon Slayer magic." That was what shocked us the most. "My sister, a dragon slayer like Fire Head and Metal Head?!" I don't know what that bastard Hitsuga did to you, but I know that my older sister Miu was the one who taught him Water Dragon Slayer magic. "Damn it! This gets more complicated each day!" She must stay hidden now, but she asked me to stop whatever he began ten years ago. That's why I will bring you my aid for this quest, Miyuki. However, you must vow to never tell anyone except your brother about it. No one must know that dragons are socializing with humans. Do you accept my terms?

My little sister looked up at me, looking for help. "Go on, Miyuki. I'll help you all the way."

She smiled at me before turning her attention to the dragon. "I accept, Fuyumi," she answered.

"Great!" The snow dragon cheered like a child. "This will be fun!"