Thalia

Disclaimer:
The characters belong to Rick Riordan, as do the PJO and HoO series.

Written by:

@libraryhaunter
@AmAeRaI
@Chilea
@The__Crazy_Girl
@BrokenTimeTurner

                 [tHaLiA]

Luke raced ahead of me, his long legs earning him favor. It was raining down gallons, and I shivered, pulling the folds of my thin hoodie closer to me. We  were both in an alley, the cardboard boxes piled up in its back offering as much protection from the rain as we could get. We had crouched under them for a few minutes, but finally decided we didn't care about getting soaked. Our shoes dipped into little puddles now, getting us even colder. I fixed my gaze on Luke's back. I could tell straight away that he was smirking.

Grinning, I ran faster, catching up with him. Son of Hermes or not, all the odds didn't have to work out in his favor. C'mon, c'mon, c'mon. I ran faster, splashes getting the hems of my jeans wet as well now.

Luke was still running as if he didn't notice I was almost catching up with him. Faster. Faster. Faster.

I almost reached him, my hands ready to throw around his neck. Presto! Self guaranteed piggyback ride, I thought gleefully.

"Luke!" I said, getting his attention.

It worked. He slowed down. I grinned. My plan was working. I sped up, but then he turned around. No! My hands were already in motion and I threw them around his neck. His face showed surprise, but it was too late: we kissed. He gasped.

In my defense, I didn't mean to do it. But the kiss was nice. Better than nice, actually.  Our lips made contact, gently at first, then deeper and I felt his heartbeat against mine. A tiny part of me sighed, and his arms went around my waist. Luke let go, and whispered, "Thalia?"

"Yeah?" I breathed, his forehead against mine.

He pushed back my hair on the side and held me closer. "Nothing."

I kissed him again, feeling that small spark inside me ignite into a flame.