Chapter 5

A few months passed. Naruto and sakura had grown closer and the days were drawing closer to a day not everyone wanted. Naruto was in suna for two months now for a motor racing tournament which Sakura's parents also went to. Sakura talked to him everyday and visited him twice because she had the urge to.
Narrators pov~
A bloodied figure walked through konoha not really walking but more like running slowly while staggering along the way as if running from someone or something. A torn black leather jacket was donned on the figure. As it passed the hyuga mansion it seemed to be contemplating something but then it shrugged hoarsely saying 'no'.
The figure continued staggering through the empty and silent streets of konoha. Obviously no one was on the streets because it was after 3 in the morning.
Sakura's pov~
I was just about to go to bed. I had done everything;homework,chores,locked up the house and now I was just gunna lay in bed listening to music until I fell asleep and I texted Naruto to see if he was still up. I'm still single and I'm not dating anyone although I would love to be with... Naruto but that would not be moralistic because it's like betraying Hinata and making Naruto a cheater. I only did my homework cuz Ino is having her 17th bday party tomorrow and I'm gunna be tired after that. My parents are in suna since they went to the motor racing tournament that Naruto was in. *Sigh* I miss him so much....
*Knock,knock*
"Who could that be?! My parents aren't supposed to be coming home till tomorrow and why at this time anyway?! Kusoū!" I walked down the stairs and took up my baseball bat; yes I play baseball...Naruto taught me and I may need it Cuz no one gunna hurt me tonight. I cautiously opened the door , my eyes widened at the sight that stood before me my jaw dropped. I released the grip I held on the bat and it fell to the floor.
"Naruto?!" I exclaimed

Naruto's pov~
I reached sakura chan's house finally. I knocked on the door as hard as I could. I heard footsteps come down the stairs and some rummaging. I was in serious pain these guys really got me messed up. Sakura chan opened the door. She dropped a bat that she was holding and her jaw dropped probably confused and shocked at my state : dripping blood,torn leather jacket,basically a beaten pulp. "Naruto?!" she exclaimed questioningly. Before I could respond darkness overtook and I slowly fell to the ground.

Sakura's pov~
Naruto opened his mouth as if he wanted to say something but collapsed. I carefully took him to the living room couch and made a quick run to get the medical supplies from the bathroom. When I returned I carefully took off his shirt and torn jacket and started cleaning and treating his wounds. Luckily he only had two really bad ones. They were on his right shoulder and left arm really deep. But the rest were like normal cuts mingled with a lot of scrapes. Naruto seemed a bit relieved after I treated him. I just sat there staring at him he was really beaten up. I wonder who did man I wanna get back at them. He moved his legs to my lap " can I rest" he winced in pain " 'em there?" He finally finished his question.
"Sure." I replied casually.
"By the way, go to sleep and get some rest." Naruto hoarsely said.
"I'll try.." I replied.
He seemed satisfied with my reply and went back to sleep.
I messaged Ayato. He moved to England after the junior year in high school ended so he was usually up at this time after 3 in the morning in Japan.
(Ayato bold. Sakura italics)
'Hey'
'Hi sakura'
'How's life'
'Kinda boring atm but it's cool otherwise. Hbu'
'Same. Wyd'
'Nm I got home an hour or so ago so I'm finishing up homework and just gunna get something to eat soon' 'wbu'
'Well...having a hard time getting to sleep sadly😔 and listening to music. How's the part time job you have btw'
'That's goin pretty well I get a good pay and every1 is cool and cooperative. I'm coming to Japan during summer break btw, I can't wait😊'
'Cool. I know who u wanna see first...😏'
'Who *raises an eyebrow*'
'I
N
O'
😏😏
'No I don't *pouts*'
'Yeah u do'
'Ok u caught me 🙈 I still have a crush on her.'
'Aww...😋'
'I gotta go my parents are in the driveway and I'm not supposed to be using my phone after 11 so bye sakura #bustedifcaught.'
'Bye then ayato'
'Gn ttyl'
'Back at cha'

Naruto's PoV~
Sakura chan had her neck rested on the couch back when I woke up. She was just lazily staring at the ceiling. She also had her earphones in and seemed to be in deep in thought. I moved my legs off of her lap and tapped her foot while I was slowly drifting back to sleep. "Yeah..?" She murmured.
"I feel uncomfortable" I replied sleepily.
"Wākatteru. Eke." She said as she rose sluggishly from the couch.
"Where?" I questioned.
"To my room" sakura chan casually replied.
"Ok." I said getting up but finding it rather hard to walk. I lost balance but sakura chan caught me before I fell. "Cmon now big guy, you can't do a thing with those wounds." She teased.
"I guess so"
We got to her room and sakura chan let get comfortable in her bed but she was leaving my side probably to go to sleep in the couch that resided on the other side of her room so I grabbed her wrist.

Sakura's PoV~
Something grabbed my wrist. I got a bit frightened but when I looked at my wrist I recognised it was Naruto's hand.
"Stay here.." He mumbled.
"Why?" I asked confused
"Because I want you to and I bet the couch is not as comfy as your bed." He replied seriously.
"Ok" I said carefully getting in the bed so I wouldn't cause Naruto pain. I backed him as I went to rest my head on a pillow but instead of a pillow a rested on a warm muscular arm. Naruto that Baka. I lifted my head and failed many attempts to move Naruto's arm. *sigh* he forcefully lowered me with his other arm when I went to try yet again to remove his arm. This made me blush a bit but it was dark and I was still back Naruto so he couldn't see luckily. My hair trailed all over the exposed part of the pillow and on Naruto's arm making my neck a bit cold when adjusting to the rather cold temperature in my room. Something warm pressed against the back of my neck. I only recognised that Naruto kissed my neck when I felt his steady breaths against my neck and shoulder. I shifted my position so that I now faced Naruto. He looked at me with his beautiful cerulean blue eyes when I was staring at him Naruto moved from his position. He put his arm around my petite waist placed his face in the crook of my neck kissing my neck yet again that Pervy bastard and his arm that rest under my head made its way to my upper body holding snugly around my shoulder. "Mine" Naruto said kissing my neck for the third time. "Would you stop that it makes me feel..." I started but I couldn't find the words to describe it. "Tingly making your heart skip a beat." Naruto finished for me. "Yeah like that" I sighed. He felt Naruto smirk against my neck. "That's perfect" he whispered pulling my body closer to his. "Hey be careful" I softly warned Cuz it seemed he forgot about his wounds. "Yeah,yeah...so overprotective" he complained.
"I heard that"I replied. Naruto leg wrapped around my barely covered ones. "Hey get some rest now or do you want your heart to skip some more beats?" Naruto wickedly asked. "Doesn't matter to me at all" i gingerly replied playing with Naruto soft blonde hair enjoying how it fell between my fingers so soft.
"Nah, I'm too tired. But you're still mine." he sighed into my neck kissing it once again. "I love you sakura-chan" Naruto whispered lovingly in my ear as if he didn't it would be a major sin.
" I love you too I whispered back laying a gentle kiss on the side of his head. Not long after the dreamy darkness of sleep overtook me and I fell into a deep dreamless sleep.