1. Faulty beginning

"What happened at the interview, Caleb?"

Rika called Caleb the morning after the airing of the said interview. He didn't know how to answer her question. Even Rika --- Pastel's manager--- is clueless about the real story behind his music. 

Nobody knows about his Japanese Princess --- we'll except for his brother and his band mates. Pero sa mundong ginagalawan niya ngayon, ang Industriya ng Musika, walang nakakaalam ng tungkol sa dito. He never talked about her. Kahit pa nga laging ito  ang laman ng isipan niya, ayaw niyang pinag-uusapan ito. Para sa kanya, the  memories he had with her are his jewels. It can never be replaced. 

"I was," what was the word that he was thinking? "Caught off guard." He heard Rika's laugh. 

"Bakit? Masyado bang nakakabigla ang tanong ni Wilhelmina sa'yo? Calen's questions were really surprising but your twin managed to answer them coolly." 

"We'll he's the stubborn one." He sighed. "I'm sorry if I disappointed you." He apologized. Rika laughed again. 

"Don't worry, Caleb. Sa tingin ko nakabuti pa nga iyong nangyari sa interview ninyo. People --- especially the ladies and the press--- finds you more interesting now. They were all thinking about Wilhelmina's question. They're minds are twisted kakaisip kung ano nga ba talaga ang istorya sa likod ng bawat letra ng kanta ninyo. One article about it was proposing that behind your boyish smile, lays a story of a girl." He could imagine Rika's smile kahit na hindi naman sila magkaharap. Para kay Rika, this kind of publicity only means one thing, ALBUM SALES. 

"Anyway, I have to go. I promised Anton that Sunday will be our family day. I'll just see you at the office on Tuesday for the band's MV brain storm. 

"Okay, bye." He threw  his phone on the bed. He sat on the recliner and looked outside the window. How long has it been? Five years? No... it's been seven years since he last saw her. Kasing tagal na rin noon ang kahibangan niya sa paniniwalang tutuparin nio ang pangako niyang babalikan siya nito. She can still see her face. He can still remember every word she said to him that day. 

"I am breaking up with you, Caleb." Her voice was soft. 

"Is this about me being on that band?" I asked her, I was shivering. I don't like this conversation. She looked at me, and those chinky brown eyes gave me the impression that she was serious. 

"I feel like every time you take on the mic, lumalaki ang posibilidad na makalimutan mo ako."

"But that's never going to happen! You're my shining star! You're my dream. Mas nauna kitang naging pangarap kaysa sa magbanda." She stood up and looked at me. 

"Alam mong hindi totoo iyan, Caleb."Huminga siya ng malalim. 

"This has always been your dream. And maybe I'm selfish but I don't want to be a part of your dream anymore. Natatakot ako na baka ako ang maging dahilan ng pagbagsak mo."

"Hindi mangyayari iyon. Ikaw nga ang inspirasyon ko." At iyon ang totoo, ginagawa ko ang lahat ng ito para sa kanya, para sa aming dalawa, tapos sasabihin niya sa akin ito? Hindi ko maintindihan. Again she took a deep breath. Pakiramdam ko, judgement day ko ngayon, at unti-unti nang kinukuha mula sa akin ang source ng enerhiya ko. 

"We can never be together. Ayokong maging selfish, but I don't want to share you. Hindi ko pwedeng sabihin sa'yo na kalimutan mo ang pangarap mo para sa akin. I can never me your shining star anymore."

"Pero..." tumitig siya sa akin. 

"Ayoko na." I swallowed hard. 

"Don't you love me anymore?" Tears started falling from her eyes.