Prologue

"What is your story Caleb?"

My smile froze when I heard the host's question. "I mean, behind those dramatic lyrics and melancholic melodies, what is the real story?" I gave a halfhearted smile. The blinding lights from the cameras distracted me, but it isn't enough to lure me away from the memory of the past. 

"Caleb!" Lex nudged me. "We are live! Say something." He hissed at me. 

"Are you okay?" the host asked me. I just nodded. 

"Yeah, I am." I sighed. She repeated the question. Like what happened earlier, I was out of words. I don't know what I should say. 

Ano ba dapat ang isagotko. She's asking me about a story ---- to be more specific, she was asking me about MY story. My mind is racing. I'm thinking of an answer ---- a sentence or a paragraph that wouldn't be controversial. I was thinking of words to describe HER... 

Yes, there is a woman involved. And I didn't want to tell these people about her for she's the most important memory of the past I have always treasured. I didn't want to share her to the world, because though were not together, I've always believe the fact that she is mine --- forever. 

"Caleb?" the host was trying to catch my attention. "What's your story?" I sighed again. 

What's my story? Shall I tell her my story? Do I have to share to the public the reason why I'm writing all those songs or why I'm singing all those sad melodies? 

Shall I tell her about the woman who had the guts to change my life but didn't have the decency to stay? Shall I tell the world her name? But if I do that, what will happen after? Will she come back to me? Will she finally have the confidence to come back to me and stay? 

"Caleb, please answer the question." Lex whispered. I nodded. I took a deep breathe and smiled again.

"If I answer you, it might take more than your air time to tell the story," I said jokingly. The live audience laughed. Little did they know, I am not kidding. It's true, if I answer her question it'll be a long and very traumatic story. The audience may find it boring or worse they might find my story very pathetic. I don't want to be pathetic. Hindi iyon ang image na sinusubukang i-build up ng Revert Records para sa Pastels. 

And plus, I didn't realize that I would be asked that question. That was the most dreaded question of all. It's not that I am actually avoiding it; it's just that, I didn't want the people to know about her. 

Who is HER?

As I said earlier, she is the woman who changed my life but left me afterwards. She made me believe in the things I thought were only pigments of people's imaginations. She left me hanging on the thread of danger. She left me believing that she loved me. She said that she'll back but she never returned. 

But although I know that she will never come back, I have this pathetic belief that one day, our roads will cross again, and if that day comes, my waiting will be over. I will be whole once again. And that sink hole in my heart will be gone.

Gasgas na gasgas na ang linya. Nagamit na nang halos lahat ng taong katulad ko ang sitwasyon, pero, naghihintay ako. Hinihintay ko siyang bumalik para muling buuin ang puso ko, ang mundo kong nagunaw nang iwan niya ako. Corny mang aminin, pero gagawin ko pa rin. 

I am the prince charming in distress, the one who needed saving. I am Caleb Jireh Ronaldo, and I am waiting for my princess in a shining armor.