Chapter 21

"I don't think I can do this. Nope, I know I can't do this. Why the hell did I think I can do this?" Nothing but babble escaped my mouth as I stared down at the tress and grassy area. It was beautiful, no doubt, but the height was really getting to me.

Ross chuckled from beside me, totally at ease and not having a freak out. "Babe, don't freak out. Zip lining is so much fun. You'll have a blast."

"Unless the line breaks and I fall to my death." I adjusted the gloves on my hands, feeling the sweat underneath the fabric. I looked at Ross who had his eyebrows raised, amused by my reaction towards this activity. I slowly let out a breath popped my knuckles, nodding to myself. "Okay. Let's do this before I change my mind and run out of here."

"I wouldn't let you do that. But okay." He quickly dropped a kiss on my cheek before we both took our positions on our own lines, grabbing onto the bars above us. My entire body was tense as we the workers behind us got ready to push us forward, but having Ross only a few inches away put me slightly at ease.

The moment we were pushed down the line, screams were automatically flying out of my mouth. I could hear Ross' laughter in the wind, and I couldn't help but do the same. I opened my eyes, wanting to catch a glimpse of everything around me. The palm trees seemed more beautiful from up here, and the sky seemed bluer.

I couldn't believe I almost chickened out of this amazing experience.

"Woo! That was awesome!" We were taken out of our harnesses and stripped of our hats and gloves. Ross hoisted me off the ground, a huge grin on his face. "I told you that would be awesome! I told you, I told you, I told you!"

I laughed as he lowered me back to the ground. "You don't have to be a broken record, blondie. You were right."

"And for being right, I think I deserve a kiss." He smirked, automatically lowering his head.

"I think you're right." I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned up, pecking his lips softly. "Come on. Let's head back to the hotel and we'll order some room service." He nodded and linked our fingers together, leading the way down the path.

By the time we returned to the hotel, it was already one in the afternoon, seeing as how we had our zip lining time in the morning. Exiting the elevator once it stopped on our floor, we made our way towards our room, only to stop in our tracks.

"What's that?" Ross crouched down and picked up the manila envelope that laid in front of our door. "Should we opened it?" He questioned, looking at me.

I shrugged. "Might as well. It has our room number on it." I took Ross' key card from his grasp and unlocked the door, placing the plastic on the counter. Ross shut the door and locked it, moving over to the couch to get comfortable. I followed suit and plopped down next to him.

"Who could've sent this?" Ross wondered. "It obviously wasn't my parents or siblings, but I can't think of anyone else."

"Let's just open it and see." I grabbed the envelope and ripped it open, dumping the contents on my lap. A gasp escaped my mouth and my eyes automatically filled with tears. Ross' body completely froze beside me, and I could hear him murmuring under his breath.

Pictures of me were strewn across my lap. From what I could tell, they were all taken yesterday. I took the pictures and looked through them, seeing one's from when we went to the beach, from when we went to dinner.

"I-I think I'm gonna be sick." I could feel the bile rising in the back of my throat, and I quickly bolted to the bathroom, emptying my stomach in the toilet. Even with my head in the porcelain bowl, I could hear Ross' footsteps as he approached the bathroom. He held my hair back and rubbed my back as I finished, though I really wished he didn't have to see that.