Chapter 15

Who's ready for some drama with a bit of violence?! Okay, a lot of violence. But this chapter is where it gets really intense.

"Why the hell are we watching this?"

No one answered the question, our eyes basically frozen on the screen. The untouched bowl of popcorn was on the table, and no one dared to pop a kernel in their mouth.

I buried my head in Ross' chest as a horrifyingly disgusting scene appeared, and I could hear the gagging noises of everyone in the room.

"Please turn this off!"

"Holy crap!"

"I'm gonna puke!"

I turned my head just in time to see Riker reach for the remote, hurrying to shut the TV. Once the screen was black, we all breathed a sigh of relief and the feeling to throw up dissipated.

"Who's idea was it to watch The Human Centipede?" Ross demanded.

All eye turned to Rocky, who threw his arms up. "I was curious!"

"And now we're all traumatized." Ryland glared. "So, thank you very much."

"You didn't have to watch it, ya know?"

"I wasn't gonna sit in my room bored out of my mind!"

The rest of us groaned as Rocky and Ryland began arguing. But before any of us could complain and tell them to shut up, Rydel stood up and grabbed my wrist, forcing me to stand as well.

"We're going to the mall." She announced, pulling me towards the door.

"Hey!" Ross whined, hurrying towards my side. "Why are you taking my girlfriend away from me?"

"Because we need some girl time." She replied.

"Yeah, I'm sick of guys." I joked, smiling innocently at my blonde boyfriend. He pouted and I couldn't help but peck his lips. "Relax, we'll be back later. Besides, I actually need to buy something."

"What?" He quirked an eyebrow.

"I would tell you, but I can't." I pecked his lips one more time before pulling Rydel outside, laughing as I heard him yell my name repeatedly.

"Wow, my brother's like a puppy when he's with you." Rydel commented as she pulled out of the driveway in her car. "It's sickly cute.

"Thanks?" I laughed. "And you can't tell me Ratliff wasn't like that when you guys just started dating."

"Oh, he was. But he stopped at around the six month stage." She said. "You and Ross have been together for over seven months now. I'm surprised he's still like that."

I shrugged. "I think it's cute."

The mall came into view, and Rydel drove into the large parking lot, finding a spot immediately. We exited the car and walked into the mall, our arms linked together.

"So, what do you need exactly?" She asked.

"Well, since Christmas is two weeks away, I need to get gifts. And because Ross has to be one of those people who have a birthday just days after Christmas, I need to double his gift."

She laughed. "I can't believe you haven't gotten gifts yet. I did all my shopping last month."

"No need to brag." I stuck my tongue at her. "And I've been working extra hours at the shop to earn extra money. So right now is the perfect time for gifts. And since you're with me, you can help me find gifts for everyone."

"Does that mean I'm gonna help you find a gift for me?"

I laughed, rolling my eyes. "No. When it's your turn, we're splitting up. There's no way in hell you're picking out your own gift."