Chapter 18

"Go slow, okay? Don't rush."

"I don't get why I have to use this stupid thing anyway."

"Because you're still in pain. Plus, it's the hospital rule." 

I grumbled under my breath, but did as Ross instructed and slowly sat down in the wheelchair. My stomach and ribs ached in protest, but there was nothing stopping me from getting the hell out of here. I was so done being stuck in the hospital. 

After six days of being trapped here, I was finally being discharged. My ribs were still store and I still needed to have my torso completely bandaged, but the pain was manageable. And since I had surgery only a few days ago, I was not allowed to carry anything heavy or do any strenuous activities. My doctor didn't want me tearing out my stitches and reopening my wound. Add to those instructions, he wanted me on bedrest for about a week so I could completely heal. 

I was going to lose my fucking mind. 

After making sure my discharge papers were all in order, Ross wheeled me out of the hospital and led me to his car, a nurse following us so she could retrieve the wheelchair after. Approaching the vehicle that would get me out of here, Ross helped me get to my feet, and I couldn't help but wince as he did so. We handed the wheelchair to the nurse and thanked her before she walked away. 

"I'm definitely going to need Advil when we get home." I muttered, wincing as I slowly made my way into the car. 

"Figured you might say that, so I brought the bottle with me. Check the glove compartment. There's a water bottle in the cup holder, too." Ross buckled me in before running around to the driver's side and hopping in. 

Checking the glove compartment, there was in fact a bottle of Advil. I took two pills and downed them with the water he provided. "You're awesome." 

He smirked and pulled out of the parking lot. "So I've been told. Although if I provided you with morphine, than I would probably be something along the lines of The Amazing Sex God." 

I laughed, then clutched my torso, mentally telling myself to not laugh for a while. "Being put on morphine was great. It was like the pain was gone."

"But you were fucking high, Scar. It was hilarious because you really didn't know what you were saying, but you wouldn't want it again if you knew what you were saying." 

"What did I say?" I paled. I think I'd die if I said something completely embarrassing. 

He patted my thigh. "You're funny if you think I'm going to tell you. I can use this as leverage to get what every I want."

"You're an ass, you prick." 

"Aw, loving the nicknames, babe." 

I rolled my eyes, my lips twitching upwards. For the remainder of the car ride, I tried to not fall asleep which would result in getting a neck ache. I barely slept while at the hospital, due to the uncomfortable bed. It felt like I was sleeping on a mattress filled with rocks. The floor looked more comfortable.

The second I walked into the house, I was pulled into a hug by all the Lynch siblings and Ratliff, only for them to pull back when Ross told them to be careful. My heart swelled at the worry they displayed for me, and it brought a smile to my face that they were scared to death when they found out what happened to me. 

Yeah, that sounded really weird. 

"I'm so glad you're home, Scar." Rydel said, pulling me into another hug. She was being cautious, as if I would break if she squeezed too hard. "And all your bags are in your closet. Nothing's missing, and all the gifts are there." She whispered in my ear.