Chapter 20

This vacation won't be all sunshine and rainbows. Just a warning ;)

The delicious smell of bacon filled my nostrils, and my eyes snapped open. I turned to Ross' side of the bed, only to find his spot empty. I stretched my limbs and cracked my back before climbing out of bed and walking out of the gorgeous bedroom. 

I fucking loved this hotel. 

Ross was in front of the stove, wearing nothing but his boxers. I could hear the sizzling of a pain, and the smell of bacon became stronger. Deciding to sneak up on him, I tiptoed and tried to be as quiet as possible, wrapping my arms around his waist. Letting out a girlish squeal, he whirled around, his eyes wide and a spatula in his hand. 

"Don't do that!" He yelled, causing the fit of laughter I was already in to increase. "No bacon for you." 

I controlled my laughing, only letting out small chuckles. "I'm sorry, babe. I just couldn't resist." Still chuckling slightly, I reached up and pecked his lips, my hands resting on his toned stomach. 

"Hmm, sure. I think you just wanted to scare the shit out of me." He raised an eyebrow, turning around to resume cooking. 

I shrugged and hopped onto the counter. "Maybe. So how are you cooking when we had no food in the fridge?" 

"There's a store a few minutes away from the hotel, so I bought us some food. I figured we wouldn't want to be eating out and ordering room service the entire time we're here." He turned off the stove and removed the bacon from the pan. "And before you ask, yes, I bought you string cheese."

I grinned. "You know me so well."

He pinched my cheek. "You're like a child. Who the hell eats string cheese like it's candy?"

"Me."

He chuckled and handed me a few pieces of bacon on a plate. He opened the fridge and pulled out a container of yogurt, grabbing one for himself. "Once we eat, you want to head down to the beach?"

I nodded and bit into the crispy bacon. "Beach sounds good. But don't you want to call your parents and let them know we're all settled?"

"Already done. Did that when you were still sleeping." He chuckled suddenly, causing me to furrow my eyebrows. "My dad told us not to make him a grandfather while we were here." 

I slapped my hand over my mouth, preventing the food from escaping. I didn't know whether that was hilarious or horrifying. Did Mark basically confess that he knew we were having sex? 

Does anyone have a bag I could put over my head? 

"He knows, doesn't he? That we have sex?" My face was heating up, and I probably resembled the color of a firetruck.

"Um, yes." He scratched the back of his neck. "And so does my mom." My jaw dropped, followed by my eyes widening. "They, uh...apparently we're loud." 

I buried my face in my hands, shaking my head furiously. I felt Ross place his hand on my thigh, but didn't bother looking at him. He just told me that his parents knew we were having sex, and he was acting like it wasn't a big deal. But to me it was a huge deal. 

"Scar, it's fine. My parents don't care."

My head snapped up, our eyes connecting. Amusement filled his while mine filled with embarrassment. "Don't care? That's a load of crap. I'm pretty sure they care that their son and son's girlfriend are having sex in their house. How long have they known?"

He laughed nervously. "Five months. Bye." He sprinted out of the hotel room, flailing his arms around like a maniac. 

"I wonder if he knows he's only in boxers."