Chapter 13

I stared at Ross, my heart racing so fast that I thought I was going to pass out. Talking about what Spencer did to me was so hard, but Ross deserved to know. I didn't want to keep any secrets from him.

"It s-started a few weeks after I moved into my new foster home." I began, chewing on my bottom lip. "I was still getting used to my new home, so I was barely talking to anyone. One night when my foster parents weren't home, Spencer thought it would be a good idea to throw a party."

Memories from that night flashed in my head, and I flinched. Ross squeezed my hands, silently reassuring me that it was okay.

"The party was getting out of control and all I wanted to do was leave, but that was impossible. So I locked myself in my room and listened to music to try and block out the noise. I was so blocked out from the world that I never heard Spencer break down my door." I swallowed the lump in my throat. "H-he was completely wasted, but there was a part of me that felt like he knew what he was doing."

"What was he doing, Scar?" Ross asked gently.

Tears began to roll down my cheeks, and there was no stopping them. A whimper escaped my lips as I spoke the next two words. "Raping me."

Ross' hand became stiff in mine almost instantly, and his jaw clenched so hard that I thought he was going to break his teeth. The expression on his face was unreadable, but it was obvious that he was furious.

"T-there's more." I stammered, my hands trembling. I placed them on my lap and laced my fingers together. Ross just stared at me, his eyes filled with something I couldn't quite distinguish.

Letting out a breath, I closed my eyes so I wouldn't have to look at my boyfriend's face, terrified of what he was going to think. "Spencer recorded it. A-and he still has the tape."

I could hear Ross' breath hitch in his throat, and when I opened my eyes, his eyes had noticeably darkened. He shot up and began pacing my room, running his fingers through his hair and muttering profanity's under his breath. I just sat there, my heart beating rapidly in my chest.

I couldn't believe I had revealed one of my darkest secrets, but I was also relieved that I got it off my shoulder. I had been harboring this secret for over two years, and I never imagined telling someone, let alone my boyfriend. Before I met Ross, I never even imagined having a boyfriend because I was so scarred from what Spencer did to me.

And yet Ross changed all that.

"Ross," I murmured, watching as he continued to pace the floor. He stopped and looked at me, a hard expression on his face. "You hate me, don't you?"

"What?" He all but yelled, his eyes widening to the size of saucers. "Why the hell would I hate you? The only person I hate is that bastard that raped you." He sat down on my bed and placed his hands on my shoulders, his eyes staring into mine. "I will never hate you for something you had no control over. You didn't ask to be taken advantage of, and you didn't ask for the douchebag to record you."

I opened my mouth to say something, anything, but nothing came out.

"I will never hate you." He repeated. "Do you understand me? Nothing in this world can ever make me hate you."

My ability to speak diminished, and I could merely nod. He wrapped his arms around me, and I buried my face in his chest. I closed my eyes and did my best to push all the memories of that night aside. I just wanted some sleep, my body completely exhausted from lack of sleep.

"Let's go back to bed, alright? Maybe you can sleep better." Ross said, just as I let out a yawn.

I nodded and climbed under the covers, Ross wrapping his arm around my waist. He rested his head in the crook of my neck, and I allowed his breathing to lull me to sleep.