Chapter 11

The room was silent, the only sound heard were the sobs I was producing. My head remained buried in the crook of Ross' neck as he continued to rub my back.

"Please stop crying, Scar." He begged quietly. He repeatedly placed soft kisses on my temple.

My eyes were sore from crying, but I couldn't stop. Seeing him opened up a dam of emotions, and the flood wouldn't stop. I wanted so badly to stop crying, but it was like I had no control. I hated feeling so vulnerable, but this was a situation that I had never expected. I never thought I would see him ever again. 

If I had to choose between seeing him again and dying, I would choose the latter. 

After what seemed like hours, I was finally able to calm myself down and stop the tears from falling. Ross used the edge of my blanket to wipe my cheeks, and I couldn't help but wince as he dabbed my eyes. He frowned apologetically and kissed my forehead, his lips lingering on my skin for a few seconds. 

"How's your head?" He asked gently, his fingers grazing over the material of the bandage. 

"It's there." I answered, my voice hoarse and raspy. 

"Do you want some Advil?" 

I nodded, the noticeable ache at the back of my head worsening. He hurried out of the room and came back moments later with a glass of water and two pills. I gratefully took the pills and washed them down with the water. 

We sat in silence, and for the first time in weeks it was an uncomfortable one. I bit back a yawn and glanced at the clock. It was only a little past five, but I was exhausted. My body felt completely drained from today, and it craved sleep. 

"You should get some sleep, Scar." Ross said, noticing how tired I was. 

All I could do was nod, fighting to keep my eyes open. 

"Do you, um, want me to stay with you?" He asked nervously.  

"Please." I whispered, nodding. 

He went to shut off the light while I climbed under the covers, not bothering to change my clothes. I laid down on my side and watched him climb into bed. He wrapped his arm around my waist and gently pulled me closer, my head resting on his chest. 

"Won't your parents wonder why you're not in your room?" I asked, playing with the hem of his shirt. 

He gently ran his fingers through my hair, careful not to put so much pressure on the back of my head. "Let them wonder. I don't want to leave you alone right now. And we're planning on telling them we're together, so let them walk in. I think them finding us in the same bed is a good enough explanation."

I rolled my eyes. "We don't want to give them a heart attack. They'll immediately jump to conclusions if they see us in the same bed."

"Then their conclusions would be right."

"Doesn't matter. I don't want them kicking me out for having sex with their son."

"They won't kick you out, Scar. You're family, accept that."

It was hard to accept it when I never had a family before.

"Get some sleep." He ordered gently. "We'll tell them tomorrow if you're feeling better."

I could merely nod, my body completely drained of energy. I let my eyes close as I drifted off.

~*~

Sunlight shined through my window and I groaned, burying my head in my pillow. I opened my eyes slightly and noticed Ross was no longer in bed. As harsh as it seemed, I was too tired to care why he left. I wasn't able to get any sleep last night, frequent memories of him flashing in my mind. I spent half the night silently crying, not wanting Ross to wake up. Thank God he was a deep sleeper.