Just Beginning

Lily and I hang out for a while. "So what are they saying about me out there?"

Lily looks down. "They aren't talking about you."

"I can tell you're lying. First of all, you wont look at me, second, I can tell they're talking about me."

"Well, they're just saying how rough this has all been on you.. But they're mostly saying good things."

I sigh, "Yeah... it's been a little rough. Okay, a lot rough. But with Rachel in a wheelchair and all these, scars, I can't help it..."

Lily and I chill for a while.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few months later, I am getting ready for college. Slowly, I recovered. Still there's something missing in my life. I'm not sure what. I'll be leaving soon with Lily for college. We are going to the same college. It's about an hour and a half away. Just to get us going.

We are sent off by hugs all around. Jenny finds it hard to let go, but Gibbs is just kind of okay with it. He knows it is part of growing up. We go to the college. Feeling intimidated a bit.

Everyone is standing around and talking about sororities and what not. They all look like they own this place. We walk in and people ignore us at first. It is a lot of people's first days so no one really pays attention to us. I am totally okay with that, though.

Lily breaks off from me at some point with a "I'll see ya later" type thing.

I just move on to the next spot on the personal tour of the campus. I'm walking past my english literature room, when a guy walks up to me. "Hey, you must be... Alexis?"

I nod, "Yeah, do I know you?"

"Oh, no sorry. I'm James. That probably sounded super creepy. I'm supposed to welcome newcomers and you were on the list and so was your photo... I thought you looked kinda pretty so I came to welcome you."

He smiles and I smile back. "Well, thank you."

He nods, "Well, this is the campus, I can show you around if you'd like."

"Oh, yeah I'm like totally lost. All of this is so new and, yeah..." He nods in an understanding way and leads the way. I don't know what overtook me, but it's totally new. It's strange... Kinda nice. I feel all tingly inside. It's new... I guess it's a new type of love. and with all this other new stuff. When I thought my life was ending a couple months ago, instead it's, in a way, just beginning.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The End

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~