*Phone*

"Well, there's no reason they have to stay here," Abby argued.

Agent Minnow had been left behind to supervise the ongoing investigation while Fornell, Gibbs, and a team of agents were following a lead to, hopefully, find the director. Agent Minnow scowled, then begrudgingly said, "Fine, you can take them home, but if something happens, it's on you."

Half an hour later, Lily and Lexi followed Abby into her apartment. Lexi glanced all around at the strange decor. It was oddly comforting. The skull garland over the window especially caught her attention. 

"I like it," Lexi stated simply. Abby beamed back at her. 

"Okay, Okay," Abby said excitedly. "This is gonna be totally awesome. We can build a fort, watch some movies. I've got the best popcorn you've ever tasted."

Lily sat on the couch, leaning on the arm rest. She sighed heavily and looked at her phone. Abby gave her a sympathetic look and then turned back to Lexi, motioning to the back hall. "Go grab some blankets out of the hall closet over there." 

As Lexi followed Abby's instructions, Abby sat next to Lily. "Are you okay?"

Lily gave Abby a look and shook her head. "I can't stop worrying..."

Abby pulled Lily in for a hug, talking as she rubbed her shoulder. "I know, Lils... but your dad is the bravest and strongest man I know. He's going to get her back. And I bet your mom already has the bad guys begging for mercy."

Lily gave a weak smile at the thought. She sighed, "I just want it all to be over."

Abby nodded. "I know... but for now, let's focus on what we can do tonight. Let's build that fort, and watch some movies, and pretend for a little while..."

Lily nodded, "I can do that.."

~~~

Lexi woke up to the sunlight peering in through the window. She glanced over from the couch, where she slept. She saw Lily at the little dining table at the window, staring out, resting her head on her chin. 

Slowly, Lexi made her way to the seat across. "Lily? Are you... Are you still mad?"

Lily shook her head so softly, Lexi wasn't sure she saw it right. A few moments of silence passed before Lily almost whispered, "I know it wasn't your fault. I just... I needed someone to blame." Then Lily looked Lexi right in the eye. "I'm sorry I took it out on you."

Lexi only looked at her for a moment before looking away. "I forgive you... sometimes I blame me, too... but, did Abby tell you why I keep going blank?" 

Lily nodded. "Yeah, it kind of makes sense." 

"I know, it's crazy that a smell that's not even detectable can impact my brain so much..." Lexi shook her head in disbelief. "But... this means I'll do better now. It won't happen again."

Lily gave a small smile at this. "I'm so ready to have you back."

Lexi laughed a little. "Trust me, you have no idea how ready I am to be back."

Both girls looked out the window, not saying anything more. Lexi was just about to say something when a flash in the corner of the street caught her eye. She glanced down a moment before it happened, diving to the floor right before a bullet crashed through the window. 

Lily shrieked and joined Lexi on the floor, overturning her chair in the process. A few more shots rang out, completely shattering the window before they head tires squeal. 

Lexi put a hand on Lily's outstretched arm. "Are you hurt??" 

Lily shook her head as Abby came out of her room. "What happened!? Are you girls okay??"

Abby helped Lexi off the ground, then Lily. After checking that neither girl was hurt, she said, "C'mon, let's all go back here."

Abby led the girls to the most central room of the house, having them both sit in the hallway between her bedroom and bath. Then she grabbed her Phone and called for help. 

~~~~~~~~

~~~

~~~~~~~~