*Two Months*

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

Lexi woke without opening her eyes and immediately fought the foreign object she was choking on. She coughed and sputtered and barely heard or noticed anything else until the tube in her throat was slid out, forcing a gag from her.

She blinked away the few tears that arose, coughing to clear her airway. When she finally opened her eyes, she was met by a wild-eyed Jenny.

"What.." she croaked. "What happened?

Jenny just stared. "You're... you're awake!"

Lexi furrowed her brow, taking a moment to inspect Jenny. "You look... different."

Jenny couldn't stop her smile of relief. "I can't believe you're awake. Do you.. are you hurt?"

Lexi paused to consider the question. It was not as easy to answer as it should have been. "My... my head hurts a little.."

"That's probably... you cut your head." Jenny motioned to her head, and Lexi reached a hand up, stopped by a bandage over her forehead.

"Where's... how did I get here?" She asked.

Jenny sat next to her. "That's a long story that... I don't even know all of it... but there's no need to worry about that right now."

"Where's-"

"That's enough questions for now," Jenny hushed her. "I'll tell you what I know..."

~~~

According to Jenny, Lexi had been asleep for the last 3 days, after she'd been found on a street somewhere, passed out. That's all Jenny told her, all she needed to know apparently...

After a few minutes of silence for Lexi to comprehend this, her thoughts were cut off by Gibbs and Lily entering the room.

Both of their eyes widened, and Lily took a step back with a hand over her mouth. Gibbs even seemed to be caught off-guard. His arm was in a sling, but otherwise, he was just... Gibbs.

Lexi, becoming tired again, furrowed her brow. "Are you hurt, Gibbs? What... what happened?"

Gibbs tentatively took a seat across the room. Lily hesitated before just leaning against the doorway.

Gibbs cleared his throat. "How much do you remember?"

Lexi, confused at the odd question, thought back. "You came for me... and then there was a lot of fighting... Dylan- oh my gosh, Dylan shot me!"

Lexi tore the thin blanket off of her legs and looked where she felt the pain of the shot. It... was... healed? Not perfect, but a misshapen bruise was left where she'd expected stitches, or blood, or something else. Not... not a lightly colored bruise.

"How? How is it... what's happening?"

Gibbs swallowed, glanced at Jenny, then explained, "that was 8 weeks ago..."

Lexi froze. The world turned upside down for a moment, and the next thing she knew, she was vomiting on the floor next to her bed. After a few moments, she sat back up.

A nurse was already coming in to help, checking on her vitals. After several minutes, she was left with Gibbs and Jenny again. Lily had left when the commotion began.

Lexi looked to Jenny. "I thought you said I was out for 3 days..."

"You've been here and out for 3 days... the truth is... we don't know where they took you for the last two months... but, you turned up on a street, and we got a call. And here we are."

Lexi leaned her head back. "This is insane..."

She sat her head back up at Lily's voice from the doorway. "You really don't remember anything?"

Lexi leaned forward, trying to steady her spinning head. "No... nothing..."

Lily, accepting this answer as truth, came in and sat next to her father. She looked at her friend with her own kind of hurt in her eyes.

Lexi stared right back, so confused, her world spinning. Lexi leaned back into the pillow, staring at the ceiling.

"Two Months," she said quietly. "Gone..."

~~~
~~~~~
~~~

Sorry this part is a little shorter, but after those long ones, I figured a nice short one would be a good break xD

Leave a vote and comment!
Happy Reading!
~Abi<3