*Trust*

Alexis stayed off by herself, waiting to go back to headquarters. When they were nearly finished, McGee came over to get her.

"Lexi, we're ready to head back," he said awkwardly.

She turned her head towards him but didn't take her eyes off the spot she was staring at on the ground.

He sat next to her on the dead, fallen tree that she'd found. "Are you okay?"

Her eyes met his. She just looked at him.

"Y'know... your parents and I were really close... your dad would... well, he was a bit of a bully, but I never once doubted that he had my back. And your mom... man, she was amazing. She could take anyone down, but she cared so deeply for her people..."

Lexi's eyes became shiny. She waited a moment, before wiping the corner of her eye. "Why are you telling me this?"

"I was so surprised when Lily introduced you... I couldn't figure out why your parents, my closest friends, would keep the news of their daughter secret... but I think I get it now. Your parents are amazing... and you are the product of those amazing people... I would want to keep someone like that safe, too."

After a moment, he added in a hushed voice. "You are going to get through this. You are stronger than you know. If not because of what you've gone through, then simply because it runs in your blood."

Lexi stared at him, trying to see if he was lying to her, pitying her, or somehow being untruthful. Then, determining he was being completely open with her, she pulled herself to him in a hug. All she said was, "Thank you..."

~~~~~

Back at headquarters, Gibbs said he needs to run a quick errand and left Lexi at his desk. After poking around his stuff, she stood up and started o leave the room.

McGee's head shot up. "Where are you going?"

She rolled her eyes. "What, are you my guard?"

McGee glared slightly at her. He calmed his tone of voice. "Where are you going, Lexi? So I can tell Jenny if she comes down and asks."

Lexi sighed, "I dunno, to find something to do?"

"Why don't you go see Abby? I'm sure she'd have something you could help with."

Lexi shrugged. "Okay.. which way again?"

~~~~~

"Oh! Lexi!" Abby rushed over and pulled Lexi into a tight hug.

Lexi stiffened. "Hi.. Abby.."

Even though Abby had been over to the house and around Lexi plenty in the last year and a half, and Lexi did like her, the sudden hugs were still shocking.

Abby stepped back to her work. "I heard you found the head! That's totally wicked!"

Lexi huffed. "Ummm, disgusting? Horrible? Completely gross? Yeah, all of those. But totally wicked? I don't think so."

Lexi took a seat in the stool by Abby's computer while she danced around, pushing buttons on different machines, pausing to read the foreign symbols on the screen and entering more into the machines.

Lexi twisted back and forth on the stool, staring at the ground. She tried to word what she wanted to say over and over, but nothing seemed right.

Abby observed her for a moment, then stopped what she was doing. "Something's bugging you. Spill."

Lexi jumped a little, surprised at the accusation. She hesitated for a moment, again trying to gather her words. Then she asked quietly, "You were close to my parents, right?"

Abby smiled wide and laughed a little, remembering few moments shared with both Tony and Ziva. "Yeah, of course. Tony was just the best, and Ziva, well, she and I grew to become really close friends."

When Lexi only dropped her gaze again, Abby added, "You must really miss them..."

Lexi nodded, dropping her head a little. When she lifted her head again, her eyes were flooding with tears. "Abby, what am I going to do??"

Abby rushed over, gently pulling Lexi into a hug, putting Lexi's head against her chest. "Oh, Lexi... I'm so sorry they're not here right now. You're going through so much, and this is such an important time in your life..."

After a few moments of gathering herself, Lexi sniffed and croaked, "Abby.. Is there a way you can make me forget something I don't want to remember?"

Abby furrowed her brows. "Why would you want to do that???"

"I'm so tired.. I don't want to remember those horrible weeks of being forced to hate the people close to me..." Alexis became almost hysteria, spilling her thoughts she was trying to word so carefully. "I just- I just want the memories gone. You can do that right?? So I can sleep. So I can live. So I can not be afraid of getting angry, because when I get angry I feel those urges. And Abby, I don't want to- I don't want to hurt him. I really don't, but when I get angry, I just. I can't help it. They made me hate him, and I don't want to. So please, please, Abby. Can you just take them away? Take the memories away?"

Alexis was crying again now. When Abby just stood in shock of what Alexis was saying, Lexi said again, "Please, Abby. Please."

Abby stayed silent until Alexis had mostly dried her tears. "Lexi... I- I can't take your memories... it's not- it's not possible. But if that's what you're experiencing.. Lexi, you need help. Have you told Jenny or Gibbs about any of this?"

Alexis's eyebrows knit together, trying to understand why Abby would even think to suggest this. "You want me to tell them??? Are you- Abby, do you want them to hate me?? I came to you because you knew my parents, and I thought you would help me." Lexi stood up and stumbled towards the door. She turned back to Abby and spat, "I guess I was wrong. I can't even Trust you."

~~~
~~~~~~~
~~~

Hi, Readers!

I love to hear your thoughts on my work! Feel free to leave a comment telling me what you think so far!

Happy Reading!
~Abi <3