*Reflection*

The next day, Lexi is awoken by Jenny saying that no matter the late night, she still needed to go to school today. Lexi groaned and pulled herself out of bed.

Eventually, she made it downstairs for breakfast. Lily raised her eyebrows in a way that Lexi knew meant 'I told ya so.'

Lexi collapsed at the table, grabbing a piece of toast. Gibbs glanced up from the paper, then returned without saying anything. Lexi winced at the coldness she could sense radiating off of him. Her actions last night did not help the foundations of their icy relationship.

"I, uh... I'm sorry... about last night," Lexi attempted. With not even a glance from Gibbs, Lexi looked to Jenny in the kitchen, but she didn't turn her back from where she was preparing dinner for that evening.

"I'm... gonna go to school now..." Lexi glanced to Lily and nodded toward the door.

Lily stood and kissed her father's cheek. "See you later, Dad."

~~~

After telling Lily everything about that night, and suffering a lecture, Lexi groaned. "Today is going to be so long... I'm exhausted. I don't know how Chloe and Carter and the others do this."

Lily shrugged. "Just be thankful that Fornell was the one who busted the party. Otherwise you'd be in an entirely different situation."

Lexi grunted in agreement, and then fell silent as they continued to school.

~~~

Later, during the class just before lunch, Lexi finds herself nodding off. Her head slipped a few times from her hands before she subconsciously drooped down and succumbed to sleep.

The next moment, she jolted awake as she felt a rather harsh tap on her shoulder followed by a shrill voice. "Miss DiNozzo!"

Lexi sat straight up, trying to play it off. "What? Um, what's-"

"You will stay after class, Alexis," was all Ms. Humphries stated.

Lexi slouched and ignored the snickers she heard around her. She focused on her nails, picking at any flaws in the nail polish to keep her mind from drifting again.

After being thoroughly lectured, she was released to get lunch. Lily never ate in the cafeteria, so Lexi wasn't surprised when she didn't see her friend there. She grabbed a tray if food quickly and began walking towards her normal spot, when suddenly she was falling. A leg had slipped out in her path, clearly not an accident.

She twisted around slowly, glaring at the face above her. Sawyer, one of the resident "cool kids", had the worst grin on her face.

"Oops," she giggled.

Alexis held her glare. She let a low curse escape under her breath. Huffing a hair out of her face, she began to sit up, brushing the food off of her shirt. She heard laughing and snickering dying down.

Sawyer was just angry after the party last night, and she probably had some beef with Lexi now that there was a rumor spreading from Fornell recognizing her.

Alexis slipped slightly on the gravy from her lunch, only steadied by an arm on her shoulder, joined by another suddenly in her hand. She turned to see who would dare help her and paused.

She paused first because of his stark green eyes, but she quickly took in details of his shaggy brown hair and chiseled jaw. She caught a glimpse of the camera around his neck with the name Dylan scrawled on the band.

"Thank you, Dylan," she mumbled.

He winked and helped her out of the mess, offering her a napkin. "See you in biology, Lexi."

Lexi felt a brief pang of guilt as she knew her name wasn't written anywhere on her clothes. He just knew it. "Y-yeah, see ya."

The cafeteria had gone back to normal before Dylan had walked away. Lexi, no longer hungry, dismissed herself to the ladies' restroom to clean up. She got some strange looks, but quickly made her way to the handicapped stall to use the singular sink.

She looked at her Reflection and nearly laughed out loud. What a wild day this had been.

~~~
~~~~~~~
~~~

Hiya!

Don't forget to like and comment <3

Happy Reading!
~Abi<3