*That's My Girl*

Agent Fornell came right over when Abby called. Two of his men escorted Lily out of the room, and Fornell and another agent came to escort Lexi after talking briefly with Abby.

Lexi sat next to Lily in the back of a black car with dark tinted windows. Then the agent driving took off to take them somewhere safe.

Upon arrival 45 minutes later, Lexi looked out the darkened window to see the cozy little house all alone in the woods. She scrunched her nose at the thought of staying there long.

Following the men inside, Lily gave Lexi a look that confirmed she felt the same way about the little house. It was dusty and looked as if an old lady had decorated it.

Lexi sighed and plopped on the tough couch. She pulled out her phone and started scrolling. Fornell came over and extended his hand, P
palm up. "Nuh-uh. That's not gonna work. Hand it over."

"What for?"

"You're in protective custody. One accidental move and everyone knows where you are. Hand it over." At Fornell's urging, Lexi begrudgingly gave up her phone, followed by Lily.

~~~~~~~~~~

The next two days were sleepless for the girls. Lexi couldn't stand being watched all the time. She just wanted a few moments to herself.

Lexi rolled her eyes at the knock on the bathroom door. "Can ya wait just a second??"

After a moment, she unlocked the door and walked past the agent who was waiting for her to emerge. Agent Fisher was her personal guard on this particular day. Her long blond ponytail swished as she followed Lexi back to the living room.

Lunch came and passed, and the hours went on. Eventually, around 4:00, Fornell came in the front door. Lily and Lexi were immediately on him.

"Have you heard anything?"
"Are my parents okay?"
"Can we leave yet?"
"Who tried to shoot us?"
"Is there any news?"

"Girls!" Fornell stopped them. "There's news. But if you don't stop asking questions, I won't be able to tell you."

They both sealed their lips immediately, listening anxiously.

Fornell looked at Lily. "Your parents are back."

"What? Since when? Are they okay?"

Fornell gave a look that stopped the questions. Then he continued, "When Jenny was shot, it nearly killed her."

Lexi folded her arms and said under her breath, "You mean when I shot Jenny..."

Fornell continued as if he didn't hear her. "She's lost a lot of blood now, and although it isn't as bad as it was when she first got back to the states, it is still bad."

"What do you mean 'first got back to the states'?"

"They've been back in the states since yesterday..."

"What?! Why didn't you tell us?!" Lily exploded.

"Calm down.. someone shot at you two. You were still in protective custody. Now we caught the men so you no longer have to be protected. Let's go. You can go see your parents now."

Lily and Lexi hurriedly grabbed their small bags and rushed out the door.

Two agents walked the girls down a few hallways before stopping and knocking on a door. The door opened and Gibbs stepped out. Lily rushed to her dad's arms, and Gibbs hugged her. He then hugged Lexi, too, catching her by a little surprise. He looked healthy enough, despite the slight limp in his step.

"I'm glad you girls are safe," he said softer than usual. "Cmon in. Your mom can't wait to see you."

Lily didn't hesitate. She rushed in to see Jenny. Lexi, on the other hand, stopped just inside the door, unsure what Jenny would be feeling.

Jenny sat up in bed, her arm in a sling. Her skin was incredibly pale, and her face was thinner than it was just a few days ago. Lexi took in the sight. Several bruises were visible on her arms, and they clearly covered her right shoulder from how they crept out from under the gown on her collarbone.

Lexi slipped out of the room and sat in a chair in the hallway. She put her head in her hands and stared at her feet, taking a moment to think it all over.

Gibbs poked his head out of the room. "Lex? You coming in?"

Lexi looked up at Gibbs for half a second, then shook her head and looked back to the floor.

He came out of the room and sat by her. "Jenny wants to see you."

"How can she?? I shot her.."

Gibbs looked at her sympathetically. "Lex, it wasn't you. I don't know how many times we have to tell you this, but we will keep telling you until you believe it. Jenny doesn't blame you for what happened. You weren't in control."

Lexi shut her eyes and tried to slow her racing heart. "I don't want to lose control again. I don't want to hurt anyone else."

"That's good... we're going to help you Lexi. You're going to be okay, just like Jenny is okay."

Lexi sighed, slowly changing her mind to agree with him. "Okay.. I'll come in.."

Gibbs smirked. "That's My Girl."