And The Day Continues

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him."
‭‭John‬ ‭3:16-17‬ ‭NIV‬‬

Serena's POV

So the first part of school went okayish, considering the fact that Jacob wasn't in any of my classes, which is good. Now it's lunch time, which means food! I wonder what the food will be like. Definitely not anything five star, but hopefully good enough to stomach.

"Oh my god, you're so slow, let's go," Becca whines by my ear, her sudden presence making me basically jump a foot in the air.

I roll my eyes playfully at her. "Okay I'm coming, calm down."

She leads me to the cafeteria and I'm grateful for her company because if I tried to navigate by myself, I'd be lost. This place is like a maze. We enter the room, which is huge, and get into the line. The wait isn't horribly long. I grab a burger and fries, and a mountain dew. Becca takes a salad and water. She looks down at my choices and raises an eyebrow.

"How can you eat that? It's all carbs and fat." I mean it's not the healthiest choice I'll admit, but carbs are healthy and I'm in the mood for a burger.

"I wanted a burger, I got the burger," I reply shortly.

"Don't you worry about the calories and gaining weight?" Her eyes have widened while her mouth has opened slightly.

"I mean, not really. I did a bunch of sports when I was younger so my metabolism is still pretty high. I've also been wanting to gain some weight anyways."

"Lucky, I eat anything remotely fattening and I puff up like a balloon."

"You're pretty either way."

She pouts, "Think so?"

"Duh," I respond, with a little sass.

"Thank you. I think you're drop dead gorgeous."

"What are friends for, and thanks."

"Serena, we're like best friends now."

I straighten my back in excitement. "Really?"

"Yep!"

We both smile and she leads me to a table where one girl sits, food sat to the side of her on the table while various textbooks and notebooks rest. Her pretty red hair is tied up in a high ponytail and when she looks up after we sit down I noticed her honey brown eyes.

"Serena, this is Hailey. Hailey, this is Serena. She's new here."

She turns her full attention to me and smiles politely. "Hi, Serena. Nice to meet you."

I return the smile. "Nice to meet you too, Hailey."

After a bit more small talk to get to know each other, she starts to give me advice on the teachers and the workloads of each. I'm grateful for that because now I'll have a bit of background knowledge of the school before I get too overwhelmed. Gradually the room quiets down and before I can turn my head to find out why, hands grab me by the waist and lift me over broad shoulders. I let out an involuntary shriek, which I think is a reasonable reaction, but it is probably at an obnoxious volume. I try to turn my head to see who did this but all I can see is the lower half of this person. Not a very pleasant sight.

I'm dropped into a chair and immediately see two guys on the opposite side of the table. One's a brunet and the other has dirtyish blond hair. Hold on... they look familiar. Before I can think further, another presence makes itself know beside me. And...