Chapter 27

Chapter 27

Nathan wakes up the next morning to find the spot where Maxie should be sleeping empty.

"Maxie? Are you here?"

Just then Nathan sees their bedroom door pop open and Georgie comes in and says, "BOO!!"

"Oh you want to play that game huh?" Nathan says as he gets out of bed and runs over to Georgie and picks her up while tickling her.

Maxie walks into their room to see both Nathan and Georgie in a laughing fit.

"Well it looks like you two are having fun this morning." Maxie says.

"Yes we are I guess I never really realized how much I missed actually being here when Georgie wakes up in the morning. I have actually missed being here to play with her and hear her little cute laugh I have missed all of this."

"Well we are both happy to have you here and just to let you know Dante called while you were asleep and he said that you don't need to come into work today because he has everything handled and he wants you to stay here and spend some time with me and Georgie."

"Oh really is that right well I am thankful to have the day off believe me but I just feel like I should be at work doing something."

"Nathan there is nothing more you can do and your partner has everything under control so can you please just be present here with me and Georgie."

"Okay I promise but I really need to figure out why Ellie decided to flip on Spinelli that is a big part of the case and I just can't get over her betraying Spinelli like that."

"Nathan I really don't think that is important besides all that matters is that you have Spinelli in custody and he is going away for a very long time. So what do you say I have my mom and Mac come and pick up Georgie for the morning and then we can have some more alone time."

"That sounds great but doesn't that kind of defeat the purpose I mean the whole reason for me having this day off is to spend time with both you and Georgie." Nathan says.

"Yeah well my parents will have her just for the morning and then I will have then bring her back here by lunch time and then the three of us can all spend the rest of the day together."

"Okay I guess that could work."

"Great because I already called my parents and they are on their way over to pick her up as we speak." Maxie says.

"Well I guess I better go get her ready so when your parents get here she will be all ready to go."

"Okay and Nathan I love you."

Nathan picks up Georgie and says, "I love you too Maxie."

Maxie waits until Nathan walks out of their room with Georgie and then she picks up the phone and calls Lulu.

Lulu answers the phone and says, "Hey Maxie what are you doing?"

"Lulu do you think we did the right thing by asking my dad for help in getting Ellie to admit that Spinelli was involved in framing me?"

"Yes, Maxie your dad was the only person who could get Ellie to admit the truth about Spinelli's involvement."

"Yeah I guess you are right." Maxie says.

"Where is all of this coming from Maxie?"

"Well Dante made Nathan come home early last night and then he gave him the day off today and all Nathan keeps talking about is figuring out why Ellie flipped on Spinelli. I guess I am just afraid that Nathan is going to figure out that we had something to do with it when we promised both him and Dante to stay out of it."

"Yes that is all I have been thinking about since they found out that Ellie confessed we should have know that Nathan and Dante wouldn't let go the fact that Ellie flipped on Spinelli." Lulu says.

"I know Lulu I don't know what to do anymore a part of me just wants to tell Nathan the truth but I know he will be so mad at me for not staying out of this investigation like he asked us to do."

"I know Maxie I don't know what we are going to do but a part of me thinks we should tell them both before they find out from someone else." Lulu says.

"I know I think you are right Lulu I think we should tell Dante and Nathan before they find out from someone else."

Just then Maxie hears a knock at the door.

"Alright Lulu my mom and Mac are here to pick up Georgie so we will talk some more about this later."

"Okay but if you do decide to tell Nathan just give me the heads up."

"Okay Lulu I will bye."

Maxie then walks out of their bedroom and heads into the living room.

"There you are Maxie we were wondering where you were."

"Sorry I was just on the phone with Lulu."

Nathan then looks at Maxie and says, "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah everything is completely fine we were just catching up." Maxie says.

Maxie walks over to Georgie and picks her up while saying, "Georgie you be good for grandma and grandpa and we will see you later okay?"

"Don't worry Maxie your mother and I will make sure Georgie has a great time." Mac says.

"Yeah well just bring her back around lunch time."

"We will Georgie say goodbye to mommy and daddy."

Georgie then waves and says, "Bye." as she walks out of the door with Mac and Felicia.

Maxie turns to look at Nathan and says, "Finally alone at last."

"Yes and I can not tell you how much I have missed spending time with you I am so sorry I let this stupid case take over my life."

"Nathan it is fine I know that you are just trying to make sure that me and Georgie are safe and to make sure Spinelli can't get anywhere near us again."

"Yes I should really call Dante and see if he has figured out why Ellie decided to flip on Spinelli."

Maxie then grabs Nathan's hand and kisses him passionately. After a few minutes Maxie pulls away and says, "Do you really have to make that call right at this very minute?"

Nathan then smiles and says, "Well I guess I could always call Dante later."

Nathan then picks Maxie up and heads to their bedroom while kissing Maxie passionately.