Chapter 26

It had been a week since Nathan and Dante had arrested Spinelli. Nathan had been working double shifts just to make sure that this case doesn't fall apart. He was really starting to miss spending time with Maxie and Georgie but he had to work all these shifts just to make sure that they both remained safe.

Nathan was sitting at his desk when Dante walks up and says, "Man I can not wait for this Spinelli case to be done with I feel like I have hardly been home with Lulu and Rocco in the past week."

"Yeah I know what you mean I have been working so many double shifts I'm beginning to forget what home looks like, and then every time I am home all Maxie wants to do is talk about this vacation I promised her and Georgie but truthfully that is the last thing on my mind right now." 

"You worried about this case truthfully Nathan we have everything we need to put Spinelli away for a very long time where he won't be able to get anywhere near your family again." Dante says.

"I guess you are right I just wish we knew why Ellie decided to flip on Spinelli at the last minute something about this is just not adding up."

"I know Ellie was so determined to protect Spinelli it really doesn't make any sense for her to turn her back on him and completely sell him out." Dante says.

"I don't know but trust me I am going to figure it out." Nathan says.

Just then Nathan's office phone rings.

"This is Detective West."

"Hey Nathan it's Maxie do you know what time you are going to be home?"

"Hey Maxie I probably won't be home until late tonight. Why is everything okay there?"

"Yes everything is fine I just think a certain little girl is missing her daddy. Georgie keeps asking for you and she is refusing to go to bed because you are not here."

"Well maybe I could talk to her and see if that will work."

"Okay I guess we could try it."

Maxie then puts Georgie on the phone and Nathan says, "Georgie I hear you are giving mommy a hard time going to sleep is that true?"

"I miss Dada." Georgie says

"Georgie I miss you too but daddy is at work right now and I will be home as soon as I can but right now I need you to be good for your mommy and I need you to go to sleep."

"Why you not here Dada?"

"I'm working but I promise I am coming home okay I will make a deal with you if you go to sleep right now for mommy I will wake you up when I get there and we will spend some time together just you and me okay?"

"Does Dada still love me?"

"Yes of course I still love you daddy has just been working really hard lately. You are my little girl and I will always love you and mommy, so will you please go to bed now?"

"No!"

"Georgie I want you to go to bed right now and you will see me as soon as I go home okay?"

"No!"

"Georgie I promise you I am coming home now will you please be a good little girl and go to bed for your mommy?"

"Okay Dada I love you."

"I love you too Georgie and I will see you as soon as I get home."

Maxie then comes back to the phone and says, "How did you do that?"

"Trust me Maxie it wasn't easy she is definitely stubborn just like her mother."

"Yeah well she is my daughter well thank you so much for convincing her to go to bed."