Chapter 8

"Nathan you want to get married tonight but this is so soon and I mean we haven't even had time to plan anything. I mean we don't have rings and I don't have a dress or flowers, and what about your tux we can't get married with you dressed like that. Don't get me wrong your outfit looks nice but not nice enough to get married in." Maxie says as she rambles on.

"Maxie stop. I know that this is very last minute but I don't want to wait another second to marry you. I'm sure that you have a great dress in that closet that you can use for our wedding, and of course I wouldn't wear this I have a tux in our closet and that would give us an excuse for Georgie to wear her new dress we got for her. When it comes to rings we could always go to Manhattan to get married and we can stop at one of the many jewelry stores there." Nathan says.

"You want Georgie to be there?' Maxie says to Nathan surprised.

"Well of course I want her to be there this marriage is a big deal and I want her to be apart of it we are a family and I want her to be there with us." Nathan says to Maxie with a smile.

"Nathan this is absolutely crazy I mean what would our family and friends think. They would kill us for getting married without them."

"Well we could just tell them that we had to get married to make our chances of gaining custody of Georgie higher. Which is not a complete lie."

"Nathan since when did you start lying and scheming I thought I was the only liar and schemer in this relationship."

"Maxie I'm full of surprises now what do you say can we get married tonight?"

Maxie looked at Nathan and saw nothing but utter and complete love in his eyes. In that moment Maxie knew what the right thing to do was.

"Alright let's get married tonight. I can not wait to become Mrs. Nathan West."

"Well let's get to it. I just have a couple of phone calls to make so why don't you go and pack your stuff and then go pack Georgie's stuff and then I should be ready by the time you get everything all ready."

"Ok did you want me to pack your stuff too?"

"That would be great! My tux should be in the closet right by the dress you wore to the nurses ball."

"Ok I will take Georgie and go pack all of our stuff I should be back soon."

"Take your time Maxie there is no rush." Nathan says as he gives Maxie a kiss.

Maxie then takes Georgie and walks down the hallway to begin packing.

Nathan picks up his phone and makes a call to Catsy Kirkland of Kirkland aeronautics and aerospace who happens to be very close friends with Madeline. Catsy had always been a very close friend of the Reeves family growing up and Nathan knew she was the perfect person to help him out.

"Hey Catsy it's Nathan I need your help with something I am coming to Manhattan to get married tonight and I need your help with a few things."

Nathan had spent a good 30 minutes on the phone with Catsy and he was happy that he still knew a couple of people in the Upper East Side of Manhattan that couple pull these type of strings for him on such short notice.

Maxie enters the living room with Georgie just as Nathan hung up the phone.

"Hey are you all ready to go?" Nathan says.

"Yeah actually I am."

"Well then let's go we have to get to the airport and we don't want to be late."

"The airport? Why are we going to the airport?"

"So that we can catch the private jet that should be there waiting for us."

"Wait Nathan you go us a private jet. How did that happen?"

"It's just another one of many surprises. Now can we please go?"

"Ok let's go. Why don't you and Georgie go on down to the car and I will meet you both down there in a few minutes I just have to grab the bags."

"Alright." Maxie says as she and Georgie walks out of the front door.

Nathan grabs there bags and heads out the door to meet Maxie and Georgie. As soon as Nathan makes it to the car he loads their bags into the trunk and he gets into the car and begins the drive to the airport.

They arrive to the airport as they head to the private jet airstrip.

They approach the jet and get on the jet as they are greeted by their pilot.

"Hello Mr.West how are you doing today?"

"I am doing just fine. I would like for you to meet my fiancee Maxie Jones and our daughter Georgie."

"Hello it's nice to meet you both. Well if you're ready for take off just get all buckled up and we will be on our way."

"Thank you so much Lee we are ready for take off when you are."

"Ok let's go then."

Maxie and Nathan sat done with Georgie as they got all buckled up they both looked at each other and smiled knowing that their lives were about to change. This would be the last time they are known as Nathan West and Maxie Jones. The next time anyone sees them they will be Mr. and Mrs. West the perfect family for Georgie.