Chapter 4

It had been a few days since Maxie and Nathan had talked to Diane and they had already warned all of their family and friends about what to expect. Maxie and Nathan had been spending all of their free time trying to come up with ways to build a strong case against Spinelli and Ellie so that they can keep Georgie.

Maxie was at Kelly's with Georgie while looking over all the paperwork and writing out any little detail that she could think of to help build her and Nathan's case. When suddenly Maxie hears someone approach their table and say, "Maximista?"

Maxie looks up from her work and says, "Spinelli what are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to spend a little time alone with my daughter and maybe talk to you about this ridiculous custody suit that you and your dashing detective have filed against me and Ellie. You know that you two really have no chance of winning this thing right. No court would ever take a child away from there biological father and put her in a house with her mother and a stranger. Besides her home is with me and Ellie it has been that way for a whole year."

Maxie stood up from her chair grabbing all of her stuff from the table while saying, "Spinelli I can't talk about this right now and just for the record Nathan is not a stranger he has been there with Georgie for the past six months and she loves him."

"Maxie wait it is important that we talk about this. The last thing I want is for this to go to court and then you end up loosing Georgie forever because you weren't being reasonable."

Just as Spinelli said that Nathan walks into Kelly's.

Nathan sees Spiinelli talking to Maxie and he walks over to where Spinelli and Maxie are and says, "Maxie is everything ok?"

Maxie looks at him and says, "Yeah everything is fine I was just about to take Georgie and leave but Spinelli kept badgering me about the custody suit."

"Yeah I heard some of it Spinelli stop trying to scare Maxie into just giving you what you want. If you have anything to say you can speak to our lawyer about it I'm sure you know her Diane Miller." Nathan says as he grabs Maxie's books and paperwork from her as Maxie grabs Georgie's stroller and they walk out of Kelly's together.

Nathan then sits at one of the tables outside of Kelly's and looks at Maxie while saying, "Hey are you alright?"

"Yeah I'm fine it's just he was trying to scare me by saying that he didn't want me to lose Georgie forever so I should just give up on this custody suit."

"Maxie don't let him get to you or scare you alright. Georgie is your daughter too and we both agreed that she needs her mother in her life."

"Yeah you are right I would never forgive myself if I just gave up Georgie without a fight."

"Exactly! Now take a seat and I am going to call Diane and let her know about what happened here."

"Ok Nathan." Maxie says as she takes a seat at the table.

Nathan then pulls out his phone and dials Diane's number she answers right away and Nathan begins telling her everything that happened with Spinelli. Nathan and Diane have a 20 minute conversation and then eventually Nathan hangs up the phone and looks at Maxie.

Maxie looks at him strange and says, "Well what did Diane say?"

"She said that she will document this little incident so that she is able to bring this up in court."

"Well that is good but it took a whole 20 minute conversation just for her to tell you that?"

"Umm... No not exactly she did tell me that she has a way that might help us even more when it comes to our case."

"Well Nathan you should have said that at first what is it?"

"Maxie I have to warn you it is a little crazy."

"I already told you Nathan I will do anything to make sure that we keep Georgie so what is it that you claim is so crazy?"

"Well Diane said that it helps our case if we can prove to the courts that we have a family dynamic and stability for Georgie and she said that me having the job I have is already a positive point for us but there is something else we can do to prove our case."

"Nathan what is it?"

"Diane said that it would help our case if we were married."

With that being said Maxie jumped up from her chair and said, "We really should be getting home it is almost Georgie's nap time."

"Maxie did you hear what i just said?"

'Yes, Nathan I heard you loud and clear."

"Well what do you say?"

"I say that if we don't get Georgie home for her nap then she is going to be cranky later and I really don't want to deal with a cranky baby later so let's go home put her down and then maybe we can talk about this after I put her down for a nap."

Nathan looked at Maxie skeptical but finally said, "Alright let's go put Georgie down and then we can talk about this after we put her down for a nap."

"Alright then let's go!" Maxie says as she takes off ahead of Nathan.