Chapter 12

Maxie, Nathan, Dante, and Lulu had all made it back to Port Charles from Manhattan and now they were all back at Nathan and Maxie's apartment waiting for Diane to show up. They had put both of the kids down for a nap and now they had to just focus on their strategy for their custody hearing tomorrow.

After five minutes of waiting they finally heard a knock at the door. Nathan got up rom the couch and walked over to the door and opened it to be greeted by Diane.

"Hey Diane come on in." Nathan says.

Diane comes in and sees everyone there and says, "Good your all here well let's get to working on your case, so that I can make sure that I am prepared for tomorrow."

"Ok Diane let's get to work." Nathan says.

Diane takes a seat in the chair in the living room as she pulls out a notepad and a pen.
"Alright let's get started so tomorrow the first thing they are going to ask is what are the reasons for you and Maxie calling this custody hearing for?"

Maxie then says, "Well Diane we have been raising Georgie for the past six months every since Spinelli and Ellie left Port Charles and returned to Portland leaving Georgie in our care. Then a week ago Spinelli and Ellie just show up at our front door and tells us that they are here to take Georgie back to Portland. Nathan and I have been raising Georgie for a whole six months and Spinelli and Ellie never checked on her once since they left for Portland they never called or wrote nothing. I have missed the first year of my daughters life and now that I have finally gotten the chance to be a mother to her I am not just going to just ship her off to Portland like she means nothing to me. I love Georgie so much and becoming her mother has literally changed me for the better. Before I became her mother I was a selfish manipulative person who only thought about herself but now I have realized that the choices I make don't only affect me and the people around me they affect my daughter. I will always do right by her because she needs me to be there for her and I want to be the best mother to her that I can be."

Diane sat there writing as she says, "Very well done Mrs. West this will be a great opening and i can really use this in court how you have changed for the better and it has in the end made you a better mother. Now I will tell you this Mr. Spinelli and Miss Trout might try to use the source of income against you. I mean if I stand correct Detective West is the only one working right?"

"Yes Nathan is the only one who does work but I have a ton of money in my savings and I spend my time at home taking care of Georgie. Why would that be a problem in the courts eyes Diane?"

"It might I'm not sure it might help your case if you had a job."

"Well does Maxie helping me out with the planning and coordination of all the parties I throw at the Haunted Star count?" Lulu asks Diane.

"Well is Maxie getting paid for helping you out?"

"Yes I actually do pay her for helping me out. I mean it might not count as an everyday 9 to 5 but it's still work."

Diane looks at Lulu and says, "Excellent this works right in our favor Lulu you are a lifesaver."

"Now Detective West they are going to question you about Georgie and how you feel about her."

"Diane I can tell you honestly that I love Georgie so much. I have been a father figure to her for the past six months and I love Georgie as if she were my own daughter. I fell in love with that little girl from the moment I first held her on New Years Eve and I told Maxie this before biology doesn't matter to me Georgie is my daughter in every way that counts."

"Alright well Nathan another problem that may come up in court and I would be surprised if it didn't is that family of yours. I hate to say it but your family isn't known for there upstanding reputation when it comes to sanity."

"Yes we realize that Diane but Nathan is nothing like his family if anything Nathan is probably the most normal member of his family."

"Yeah Nathan is my partner and one of my best friends we spend majority of the day together and I have seen first hand how much he cares or Georgie and her happiness. When Spinelli came back to town pursing Maxie I saw first hand how torn up he was about standing in the way of Georgie's family. All he wanted was that little girl to be happy and have a family unit even if that meant sacrificing his own happiness. I know Nathan would never have Georgie around his family especially if he thought they would put her in any danger." Dante says.

"Ok well so far you have all stated very important points so I think we should make it through the first day of court I think Dante and Lulu being there will definitely help your case out, but there is one more point we must address."

"Alright what is it?" Nathan asks.

"You're marriage I mean Alexis is not going to just find it a coincidence that you two just happened to get married a couple of days before you custody hearing. I know Alexis well and she is going to claim that your marriage is a fraudulent one."

"Diane as much as we did want to get married to improve our chance of gaining custody of Georgie that was not our motive for getting married. We got married because we love each other and we wanted to be married. We were already living together and we wanted to give family a stable family unit. I decided that I loved this man so much that I wanted to be with him for the rest of my life and I wanted to build a life with him."

"If it was up to me I would have married Maxie a year ago I love her so much and we got married because we wanted to be married."

"Dante and I were both there as there witnesses and all we saw was two of our two best friends finally coming together to get married. Dante and I have both been there from the very beginning for both of these two and the words that they spoke to each other were real and raw and that just couldn't be faked. If Alexis tries to question that let her because Dante and i will be there to tel her different."

Diane looks at the group of friends and says, "Well my work is done here I have a feeling tomorrow will be a breeze Spinelli and Ellie won't know what hit them."

Diane gets up to leave as she says, "I will see the four of you tomorrow at the court house at 9am I will see you then."

Diane then walks out the door.

"Well I think we will all be just fine tomorrow. I am more than confident that we are going to beat Spinelli and Ellie tomorrow." Maxie says.

"I think we are all going to do great all we have to do is be honest and speak from the heart and I think we will be fine." Nathan says.

"Yeah well we are going to go grab Rocco and I thin we are going to head on home but we will see you both tomorrow ok?" Lulu says.

"Yeah you both go on home and we will see you tomorrow. Thank you both so much for what you are doing for us." Maxie says.

"Of course Maxie we are going to fight for you and Nathan to keep Georgie no matter what we have to do."

Dante and Lulu grab Rocco and then the walk out the front door and head on home.

Nathan turns to Maxie and says, "Well since Georgie s still napping how about we go take our adult nap."

"I thought you would never ask let's go."

Nathan and Maxie begin kissing passionately as they head down the hallway to their bedroom.