Chapter 17

It had been a week since Maxie and Nathan had been awarded custody of Georgie and so far everything had been going really well other than the fact that Spinelli had been harassing Maxie endlessly. Maxie had decided to push all of Spinelli's threats aside and focus on Georgie.

"Alright Georgie how about we go and visit daddy at work? I know he would love to see you especially since he is stressed out right now."

Georgie looks up at Maxie and says, "Da da?"

"Yes we are going to go see him as soon as mommy can find her keys."

Maxie begins searching around her apartment looking for her keys. Maxie looked around her apartment for 30 minutes and then finally she find her keys mixed in with Georgie's toys.

"Georgie how many times does mommy have to tell you that her keys aren't a toy."

Georgie looks up at her mommy and give her a innocent look.

"Now you know when you give me that look that I can't resist you." Maxie leans down and kisses Georgie as she picks her up and grabs everything they need and heads out the door.

Maxie heads to her car and buckles Georgie in her car seat and just as she closes the car door Spinelli comes up to Maxie's car.

"Need some assistance Maximista?"

Maxie then let's out a frustrated sigh and says, "No Spinelli I don't need your assistance. What the hell are you doing here? I told you to stay away from me and Georgie, but you don't seem to listen. I am sick and tired of you stalking me waiting until I am alone with Georgie hoping that you can see her. My answer is still the same as it has been the past week."

"Maxie would you just listen to me I love Georgie and I don't think that it is fair that she is being kept away from me."

"Well too bad Spinelli I didn't make this decision the judge did. I tried reasoning with you but you left me no choice but to take it to court. No matter how much you stalk me I am not changing my mind about you seeing Georgie and if you keep this up I will have Nathan draw up a restraining order."

"That husband of yours is the reason I am not allowed in Georgie's life."

"No Spinelli!! If you want someone to blame you can blame that wonder nerd girlfriend for why you lost custody now if you will excuse me Georgie and I have somewhere to be." Maxie says as she walks to the drivers side and gets in.

"Alright well mark my words Maxie this is not over I will get my revenge on both you and your dashing detective."

"Maxie the starts her car and drives off leaving Spinelli in the parking lot with a smug look on his face.

Maxie finally makes it to the station and as she parks her car she couldn't help but worry about the smug look that Spinelli gave her after there confrontation in the parking lot. Maxie then decides it's about time that she let Nathan know about the harassment that she had been receiving from Spinelli and see what Nathan thinks they should do about it.

Maxie then grabs Georgie and heads into the station.

Nathan was at working stressing about a case he was working on and he hated that he had to spend the day at work instead of at home with Maxie and Georgie. Nathan then gets up from his desk and walks into the interrogation room to help Dante question their perp.

Maxie made it into the station to see that both Nathan and Dante's desk were empty. She then walks up to Valerie's front desk and says, "Hey Valerie is Nathan in or is he out on a case?"

"Hey Maxie no he is here he is in the interrogation room with Dante questioning someone, but you and Georgie can sit and wait for him if you want. I actually think Nathan could use the distraction he has been totally stressed out today."