Chapter 8

*This is a dream that she is having*

  …………………………………………………………

We were all watching my older brother Dylan play his college  baseball game. He was the best player on the team, according to his coach. When he would come up to bat he would look at all of us and we would cheer him on. He hit the ball and made a homerun and won the game. We started heading to the parking lot while Dylan talked to his friends and celebrated. That's when it all started. Everyone was screaming and running  in different directions, I had no idea what was going on. I looked towards my dad and asked "Dad? What's going on?"

He looked at me with a worried look.

" I have no idea baby girl, let's just go get your brother"

We were going towards the field when all of the people came  running towards us covered in blood, snapping their teeth and slashing their arms around. I was scared, I look to see if I can find Dylan. He was still on the field being chased by one of those things, the scared look on his face made me cry. "Mommy? Daddy?" I pleaded "Dylan he looks scared...we have to help him".

I looked towards my mom and dad and they look at each other.

My dad kneeled down to me and said "Alex honey we have to go home" his eyes were stinging with red.

I was confused, scared and I didn't understand why these people were covered in blood, why are they hurting each other?.

We ran towards to our car, blood covering the scene. When I  got to the car a bloody man came running towards me snarling, growling at me. I screamed and my dad rushed in and punch the bloody man, he fell on the ground and scrambled to find his footing. My mom grabbed on to me and said to me.

"Sweety honey I want you to do me a favor okay?" My mom started to cry.

"Mommy why are you crying?"

She gave a faint smiled and cupped her hands and places them on my cheeks.

"I want you to run. Like at home when you play with Dylan okay?"

I didn't understand.

"Where do you want me to run to?"

She began to look around frantically.

"There! See those woods you know those woods right honey?"

I nodded.

"Just run over there and every thing will be safe okay?"

"Okay mommy I'll run for you!"

She smiled and hugged me "good girl".

She kissed me on the top of the head and finish saying.

"We all love you Alex".

That's when I started to run towards the woods, I was half way there and I looked back, the last thing I remember of Dylan was him bashing a bloody women's head with a baseball bat in the baseball field.

*Dream Over*

I woke up to a cold breeze of air surrounding my lungs, followed by a throbbing sensation on the back of my head. It was dark,  my vision was out of focus and I didn't know where I was.  A few minutes passed by and my vision came into focus and I could see. I looked around and Gabriel was no where to be seen. I searched for my things and they weren't here. I checked my pockets, luckily I still had my knife. That's when I heard voices coming in front of me I looked up, and two men were talking. One of the men were driving and the other was in the passenger. I was seperated by them by a cage of some sort so,  I crept closer to see what they've talking about.

"I can't believe we actually have him again" the driving man said with eager.

"Who?"

"Gabriel. Gabriel Smith one of our best soldiers" the man chuckled.

"Oh" the other man said "what's up with him that's so special anyways I mean why does Victor want him so damn badly?"

"Well you see" he began

"Ever since Gabriel got bran-" He notice me listening and hit the cage.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING GET BACK!" The man hit the cage again.

"SCREW YOU! I'M NOT A DAMN ANIMAL" I kick the caged right back at him.

"GIRL! DON'T PLAY WITH ME! IT WON'T END WELL FOR YOU!"

The other man laughed and said "yeah you'll just be useless"

They both started to laugh. I went and sat back down, and i got my knife and I made sure they weren't looking and I put the knife in my ankle high converse shoes. Just in case they check my pockets, that's when static came on the radio and Victors voiced emerged

"Has she awaken yet?"

They both looked at me and I looked at them in disgust and flicked them off.

One of them made a little chuckled and said "yeah shes awake"

"Oh really?" Victor replies.

"Yes sir!"

Then it was silence, no static came from the radio. Then after a few minutes the static came on again and Victor said

"Well I guess we have to bring her back to The Arena then".

Then Victors scraggly voice on the radio was gone.